Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   What is your favorite season? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/what-your-favorite-season-t64785.html)

Dee 09-16-2010 06:54 PM

Winter and next is Fall. I like the cool weather.

cr12cats 09-16-2010 08:50 PM

Fall cooler weather so I can enjoy getting out and doing things and the colors of fall. My favorite place is the blue ridge mountains in the fall with the trees in reds and gold and all the fall colors. It is such a short season wish it would last longer I hate winter and summer.

dgrindey 09-16-2010 10:24 PM

Fall and spring

fktsewing 09-17-2010 05:33 AM

I am a Fall girl---even though the dying leaves are one of my biggest allergies. The cooler weather, the beautiful colors just touch my soul. Most people get spring fever, but I get fall fever. I cannot stand summer it is way too hot and although I love winter too, don't like the ice at all.
Oranges, purples, yellows, rusts, browns, a few greens----ok, now I want to play hooky from work and go home and sew.

grandma Janice 09-17-2010 11:39 AM

Fall, but it never stays long enough. Winter is my least favorite. the older I get the more my bones ache in the cold.

Melinda in Tulsa 09-17-2010 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by grandma Janice
Fall, but it never stays long enough. Winter is my least favorite. the older I get the more my bones ache in the cold.

You and me both. Seems like winters here in OK get worse every year. Oh, to be able to retire to the Bahamas!

Andii 09-17-2010 03:21 PM

Living in Florida my favorite season is winter because our winter here is like spring or fall elsewhere. Fall is the time I can start planting petunias and violas and my all time favorite snapdragons! My plants get perkier as do I and I get to spend time outdoors and have the windows open. I can sweep the porch and trim the flowers and putter. It's been so hot this year and the humidity is just all out draining...I melt just going out to get the mail.

Soon though I'll be able to take coffee outside and watch the steam rise and take a hot bath...The robins will come in flocks and the air will be cool and crisp and I can start walking my doggy again...

tolepainter54 09-17-2010 03:28 PM

I like the fall except my allergies are really bad that time of year!

Caroltee 09-17-2010 04:02 PM

I LOVE THEM ALL AND EACH HAS ITS OWN PROS AND CONS…. GOD INTENDED FOR US TO LOVE THEM ALL AND ENJOY WHAT EACH ONE HAS TO OFFER US….. JUST LIKE PEOPLE IF WE ALL WERE ALIKE WHAT A BORING WORLD WE WOULD HAVE ……THE SEASONS BRING EACH PERSON A SPECIAL SEASON IN ITSELF.

buffy2 09-17-2010 06:14 PM

Fall is very colorful with all the colors but I love Spring. After the long winter and snow, things are begining to come alive. The trees are starting to bud, grass turning green and tulips begin to bloom. It is a time to sing "Were are Alive , ALive , Alive
Ada