Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   What's the one thing you clean when a certain someone visits? Why? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/whats-one-thing-you-clean-when-certain-someone-visits-why-t156072.html)

adrianlee 09-27-2011 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by Kooklabell
These days I don't bother all too much making anything different than what it is everyday. I don't live in a Better Homes and Gardens magazine spread. We live in our home - all the rooms. And given that, if you stop by, you might find dishes in the sink or a mess someplace. I use to be more concerned. But now, life is too short. I guess if I were planning a gathering, I'd make sure the downstairs bathroom and kitchen are picked up and clean. I want my company to be comfortable. But day/day friends, shoot, you get what you get. LOL

I'm with you Kooklabell. Bathroom is clean and this cave is where I live, deal with it and isn't the visitor coming to chat and not tour the house.

Cheri_J 09-27-2011 09:18 AM

My husband's bathroom. It's a disaster.

Peckish 09-27-2011 09:46 AM

The bathroom. I have boys who cannot aim to save their lives. The lil twerps.

BellaBoo 09-27-2011 09:47 AM

I can't imagine waking up to a messy home. That would be miserable for me. I want my home to be 'company ready' all the time. Not for company but for me. I use a lot of the flylady.net methods and they work. I don't want to spend my time doing housework, I'm not a maid so everyone living in the house has to take pride in keeping a nice home. I am the type of person who doesn't like a maid service or housekeeping coming in my home so I learned how to clean a clean house.

quiltmom04 09-27-2011 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by Peckish
The bathroom. I have boys who cannot aim to save their lives. The lil twerps.

Yeah, really! I thought it was so cute when they had to stand on the tops of my feet to reach the toilet. But years later, I wish I would have taught them to pee sitting down!

lisajane 09-27-2011 12:46 PM

Bathroom.

DebsShelties 09-27-2011 12:57 PM

The bathrooms, second - kitchen counters.

probles 09-27-2011 01:27 PM

The bathroom, of course. I usually keep it clean enough, but I always make it just that much better when I know someone is coming over. I seldom clean my sewing studio because when I do I cannot find anything. It is my workroom, if they do not like it tough. They are not invited over to work in my workroom; they came to see me, I assume anyway.

MadQuilter 09-27-2011 01:29 PM

I don't want people to come visit any longer. (I just had a week of GF) so I decided that I will leave things as they are. Maybe that will deter them. hehe

quilterlois 09-27-2011 01:34 PM

I start with the out side of the kitchen trash container and the dogs dishs. If those two things are clean its assumed every thing else is. Right LOL