Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   When I grow up.... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/when-i-grow-up-t199650.html)

quiltingcandy 09-05-2012 06:03 PM

Your comment that you waited until you were an adult and they don't make them anymore made me smile, for me it was a 2 sided ice cream cone, not sure I am saying it right - but it was a cone with 2 places, my dad would order it when we would do out for a drive on Sunday afternoon and stop at Dairy Queen. I have trouble with a single but remember thinking when I get bigger I am going to order that. Haven't seen one in since moving out of Kansas in 1962.

Jingle 09-05-2012 06:08 PM

I probably wanted alot of things back then now I have forgotten them. I always wanted to get married and have four kids. I got married and still am, 50 years. Had three kids and helped raise a Granddaughter. Always wanted a larger house, never got that only a small house. I've been darn lucky to get just about everything I wanted.

AuntB 09-05-2012 06:33 PM

I always wanted a candy red mustang convertible but haver never owned one.

pinecone 09-05-2012 07:00 PM

I wanted a 3 speed bike and saved my money for half of it. I wanted a chemistry set, what fun I had!! I wanted a guitar (age 4) but got a Howdy Doody ukelele, still had fun with it.

piney

Central Ohio Quilter 09-05-2012 08:11 PM

I always wanted to take dance lessons when I was little, but had to take piano lessons instead. I always felt I had the "heart" of a dancer. I never could dance much, but I always blame it on my short, chunky legs. I may have the heart of a dancer, but not the legs!

burchquilts 09-05-2012 09:57 PM

When I was little, I wanted a playhouse out in the backyard. Actually I wanted a very specific playhouse that belonged to a girl who was several years older than I was. It matched their house in miniature & if I close my eyes, I can still see it!

I also wanted the black haired Chatty Cathy (I have dark hair & got tired of all the blond dolls out there). My folks didn't get how important the dark hair was to me & they (OK, "Santa") got me the blond one. I liked her but I still really wanted the one with black hair.

burchquilts 09-05-2012 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by Lori S (Post 5493448)
I wanted a bike .. the 3 speed "banana seat" bike... I just knew I would be cool if I had that bike.

I wanted one, too... a purple one. My Mother said no. My Dad said yes (the only disagreement I ever heard them have). Daddy "won" & I got my bike! I loved it!

Chasing Hawk 09-06-2012 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by Jingle (Post 5493812)
I probably wanted alot of things back then now I have forgotten them. I always wanted to get married and have four kids. I got married and still am, 50 years. Had three kids and helped raise a Granddaughter. Always wanted a larger house, never got that only a small house. I've been darn lucky to get just about everything I wanted.

Very nice!!

MaryLane 09-06-2012 12:27 AM

I was raised in a junk yard - literally. I can drive most anything. I can also work on a lot of things. What I wanted was a muscle car - a big V-8 with loud pipes and quick acceleration. I have loved fast cars for as long as I can remember. Last year the boys convinced me it was time and I bought a Mustang. :thumbup:

SunlitenSmiles 09-06-2012 03:25 AM

when I was four I wanted sissors with points for my birthday and that is all, nothing else, I remember being a real brat about it....I wanted sissors that could cut fabric and embroidery thread not the 'dumb' rounded end ones. My Dad bought me Wiss 7" shears and I still have them. My Mom "tsk,tisked" but I never had to ask her to cut a thread for me again. I still use them almost every day and I will be 73 this month. Sooooo....was that value for the money, or what !