Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   When Will It End? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/when-will-end-t135267.html)

virtualbernie 07-04-2011 08:14 PM

I had firecrackers yesterday! We have had them all day today and probably until the end of the week! I'm sick sick sick of them! The cats aren't bothered but my son has seizures and those close ones get him started... :twisted:

Teddybear Lady 07-04-2011 08:18 PM

It's 11:17 p.m. here and the neighbors are still at it with the fireworks. Sometimes it sounds like they are in my front yard. They started firing them off Friday night and still have a few left I guess. I'll be glad when they finish.

AFQSinc 07-04-2011 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by KathyAire
We live outsdie the city limits and that's the problem - there are no restrictions here.

Well, we live in the city limits, fireworks are completely illegal and we still have a issues. Our problems begin in June. The first year we lived here (and almost every year since) we have called the police. They don't do anything.

On the 4th of July I can be a tiny bit forgiving. However, not before and not after. When we moved here we had one German Shepherd. Beautiful dog - perfect temperment. She was totally ruined by the mortars. And we came from a place where fireworks were legal. They didn't bother her but the 'bombs' totally did. She passed on and we have another one now - she can not tolerate the fireworks at all. I also have a 3 year old who can not sleep during all of the noise.

It is 12:18 am here and still going on, though not directly on my street, thankfully. I just feel so bad for the animals. It is not fair to them.

FQ Stash Queen 07-04-2011 08:25 PM

Fireworks were totally banned in Harris County (Houston and surrounding area) due to the burn ban and water rationing. My DH and I usually sell them, so glad we decided mid-June that we weren't going this year. And, our woosie pit bulls hate the noise also.

Celeste 07-04-2011 09:28 PM

Yesterday sis Dawn and I went with our Doberman Emily to a convenience store to get some fountain soda and someone set off a firework two car stalls over. Scared the crap outta Emily! NOW the noise bothers her!

Even the little sparklers are banned around here. . . Has been for years, due to the DRY conditions we have every summer.

sandilee 07-04-2011 09:31 PM

Our cat is running thru the house and hiding under the bed everytime she hears a "bang"! Silly thing!
I imagine it does irritate their ears.

Carron 07-04-2011 09:41 PM

This is the third day of noise around here. Interesting too is that fire works are illeagal in this town. My big boys (Standard Poodles) take it in stride but the cats are beside themselves.
What ever happened to obeing the laws and common curties?

Amythyst02 07-04-2011 09:45 PM

Well its a bit before 11pm here, and supposedly its illegal to shoot them off in our city, but I still hear them, my puppy is hiding under my desk.

With all the fires that we have had you would think these people would have more sense. Guess not.

Radiana 07-04-2011 09:46 PM

Lots of firecrackers here and those cherry bombs. I know I heard some gun shots a few minutes ago, I still have to empty the garbage and I'm almost afraid to.

Peckish 07-04-2011 10:45 PM

I don't mind the fireworks, I just wish the neighbors would limit them to the 4th. And is it just me, or is it always adult men that revert to 14-year-olds and go crazy?