Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Where To Buy Ink ? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/where-buy-ink-t214099.html)

Steady Stiching 02-18-2013 06:00 AM

This looks like a good place for me to vent a little about my Cannon printer. It has five cartridges and they give me low ink warnings when they are about halfway low...its annyoing as the warning slows down the printing process each time....I'm going to use a cartridge until its bone dry. If i was to replace the cartridge at the warning I would be spending at least twice what I do now....Thanks for nothing Cannon!!!

damaquilts 02-18-2013 06:10 AM

I have used the generic ones for years. I have a small HP printer .. They are so cheap now and really aren't made to last for more than a few years. I had one for about 5 did all kinds of printing on it so it was ok with me. There are some refill places that I won't use. When I was in Ga Cartridge World was great until someone else bought them then the quality went down. I found a place on ebay that seems to be ok. Free shipping too. I have ordered twice and they both seemed fine.

Belfrybat 02-18-2013 06:51 AM

I've used the refurbished ink from LDProducts.com for many years in three brands of printers (Brother, HP, Epson) with no problems whatsoever. I'd go broke quickly if I used only name brand inks.

Watson58 02-18-2013 07:00 AM

I've been having mine refilled by CartridgeWorld in Lawrence, KS for years for my HP. No problems!

sunny42539 02-18-2013 07:25 AM

I get mine on Amazon.

gemmyfrog 02-18-2013 07:41 AM

Try 4inkjets.com (usually much cheaper than Staples and many other places) or officesupplyoutfitters.com (my 2nd option).
I buy ink for my company, usually from 4inkjets, after shopping around I found that they had the cheaper price.

Depending on the cost, shipping is free too! (You don't have to be a business to order from them either.)

alwayslearning 02-18-2013 09:04 AM

I use Office Max refills. Not as expensive as the printer brand, BUT Office Max doesn't want to ruin a bunch of printers so they have to be careful with quality control. I will check into Rapid Refil. Thanks for the info!

plainpat 02-18-2013 04:00 PM

Thanks

Have decided to buy from a local store & see how it goes.Hoping for an easy to install product.
A neighbor says new printers don't have a lot of ink in them when sold.Have only had my new HP 6 wks & used very little.Thanks to all.

Rann 02-18-2013 04:09 PM

Sam's occasionally prices ink wrong. The last printer I had it had double the price of anywhere. Most printers required their own ink if it is in warranty. And ink is just about the same price everywhere. I buy mine when I get and extra per cent off or more reward points for another purchase.

NanaCsews2 02-18-2013 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by ptquilts (Post 5869453)
No ads for me!! (thanks Adblocker!!)

I have had good luck with ebay. prices are WAY lower and shipping is low or free.

Yah-thanks Adblocker!
I am already at Walmart or Sam's Club every couple of weeks, I just pay what they tell me to. I won't use refillable because of a disaster in a printer years ago, so I think Walmarts and Sams prices are comparable.