Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Where do you purchase your HP printer ink? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/where-do-you-purchase-your-hp-printer-ink-t129052.html)

dotski 07-03-2011 01:49 PM

hp printers only take hp ink....mo imitations it gives a warning to let u know it's not real. it will print a few pages but then very light and messes up the head....been there

romanojg 06-25-2012 09:21 AM

Have you tried going to HP; sometimes they have good prices. I get mine refilled at Rapid Refill. We've been using the company for over 10yrs at the hospital with no problems plus they guarantee their products. I know that printer companies try to say that if you use refilled cartridges it voids the warranties but that is illegal; plus like I said, RR guaratees them and it's a big price difference.

romanojg 06-25-2012 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by ptquilts (Post 3537887)
the not lasting thing must vary by printer - I just replaced a cartidge I put in last July 27 - and I print several sheets a day at least.

Just bought another one on Ebay for $6.00 with free shipping.

I agree with you. I've owned HP printers for over 20 yrs and I've never had a problem with the ink lasting even when I'm not using it. I've owned different deskjet models along with all in ones and I have a small photo printer for over 7 yrs and only changed the cartridges once. I have no problems printing in color either; it just last which is why I like it so well.

ploverwi2 06-25-2012 12:03 PM

Without any hesitation, I research all of the shops on eBay and find the best buy for my money. I never pay over $3.00 for my cartridges. However, my sister just bought an HP, bad choice, they require some of the highest priced cartridges. I have a wonderful Canon printer and never buy cartridges at a store. I might add that I have never once had problems with any of the eBay purchases in the last 6 years or so.

betty32084 08-18-2012 06:45 AM

I have the HP Photosmart -love the printer but the ink is very pricey- I, too, used the refilled ones at CVS ,and my printer would not even recognize the cartidge- read my trusty instruction book - in plain language - will not use refills ! CVS refunded my money , won't do that again.

Pat M. 08-18-2012 08:43 AM

I have a HP C5150 and use the HP site on the net, Sam's, and Staples.

Patti Sue 08-18-2012 09:41 AM

I have heard that too so rather not take a chance esp if I am printing on computer fabric with picture or something I want to be special.

Patti Sue

Ramona Byrd 08-18-2012 11:21 AM

Where to get HP Printer Ink

[QUOTE=thrums;3436331]I went to WalMart (our only discount store in the area) to purchase a black ink cartridge for my HP 6500 printer. I almost had a heart attack when I saw the price: $20.97 for only 300 pages! Yikes!

My question to you is: Where do you purchase your printer ink online?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Staples has ink for my HP Photo-smart C5280, and it's a larger one than I've ever
gotten before. Probably got it about this time last year, and it's still going strong.
I used to have to replace the black ink every 6 or so months, but this is still chugging
along. I will definitely get this same thing again. I'll even take the empty cartridge
along to make sure I get the right one.

scrapnut 08-18-2012 08:37 PM

I switched to Kodak printer. Their toner is a lot cheaper.

romanojg 08-19-2012 05:52 AM

I have HP printers and love them but yes, the ink for all printers can be expensive. I go to a place here called Rapid Refill to get them; they are less than half price. I work at a hospital and we've used them for yrs without any problems so I knew they were good. I work in the IT dept so I know we've had good luck with them. They guarantee their products without fail. Oh, and the thing that if you use a filled toner it invalidates your warranty; that's not true and illegal. But no matter what, Rapid Refill will honor it if there is a problem which is good because after a few yrs there isn't a warranty any ways.