Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Where do you purchase your HP printer ink? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/where-do-you-purchase-your-hp-printer-ink-t129052.html)

QuiltnLady1 06-08-2011 04:40 PM

I get mine at Costco. Costco can also refill them, but I always buy new. I use my printer to print on fabric and I can't afford to use cheap ink since I want to be able to wash the quilts.

Jeanniejo 06-08-2011 04:46 PM

I go to Cartridge World. They are mush cheaper as they are refilled cartriges. We don't have one nearby so I get enough when we visit my son in Greenville, S.C.

lheartsl 06-08-2011 05:14 PM

my dh just brings it home from work.. that is what he does... office supply...

sak658 06-08-2011 05:53 PM

That's why I just got a new printer for Mother's Day from my daughter. Kodak, all in one, ESP C310...Cheapest ink on the market. $9.00 for black and $19.99 for color. It comes in a combo for $27.?? at Walmart. My old HP ran close to $60. for combo...Like it so far. It can be wireless also but have to have a router for that. I use the USB cable..

Crabby Patty 06-08-2011 06:05 PM

I think I will be buying mine direct from HP from now on. I just checked out all the ones suggested and then checked HP. They are cheaper there than anywhere else I've looked and it's free shipping. Not bad in my estimation.

jaciqltznok 06-08-2011 06:24 PM

the true HP cartridges can not be refilled and actually work properly due to the micro chip that is in them.

I have refilled mine, but after about 3 times, they are done..

I get my ink from a guy on ebay...really worth it...
I just have to remember that when I spend the day printing I have to refill right away..if you let them go empty, they will not refill properly!

no matter how you look at it, HP ink is terribly costly!

jaciqltznok 06-08-2011 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by sak658
That's why I just got a new printer for Mother's Day from my daughter. Kodak, all in one, ESP C310...Cheapest ink on the market. $9.00 for black and $19.99 for color. It comes in a combo for $27.?? at Walmart. My old HP ran close to $60. for combo...Like it so far. It can be wireless also but have to have a router for that. I use the USB cable..

beware,, everyone here stopped carrying the Kodak because they do not hold up.....not even our walmart has them any more..NOR the ink for them...

Sheila_H 06-08-2011 06:26 PM

We buy ours at Costco or Sams Club whichever one we can get access to both are about the same amount of difference for us in travel, but its worth it for the price we pay for the pkg we get one color and 2 blacks in the pack

Watson58 06-08-2011 06:37 PM

I have mine refilled at Cartridge World. Only had a problem once & they made it good. My favorite location is Lawrence, KS.

deedum 06-08-2011 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by Nanamoms
I buy mine in a combo pack at Office Depot...about $50.00 plus. Although lots of time they are out of stock. I will then buy them individually. One time, I checked and I could buy both individually cheaper than in a combo...go figure on that one. I usually use my Office Depot Rewards to buy my ink cartridges since none of their coupons apply to them. I also recycle my old cartridges and get a $3 credit for each one.

It is now a $2.00 credit and I do the same, same at staples too