Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Where do you purchase your HP printer ink? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/where-do-you-purchase-your-hp-printer-ink-t129052.html)

AnitaSt 06-09-2011 08:15 AM

I buy HP ink either at Amazon or directly from HP online. I think HP has free shipping. I've been very satisfied with both and I know I'm getting real HP products 'cause it does make a difference in how the printer performs.

Rann 06-09-2011 08:32 AM

I use Office Max. The Sam's club here is almost twice the price.

thrums 06-09-2011 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by Linn
I used to by directly from HP online. They had free shiping and always sent a 5.00 off coupon for next purchase. Now I buy on Ebay and buy several at a time and really save big that way. My son in law works for Rapid refill and ebay prices were cheaper than prices at his store. Just type in HP ink and compare all the prices.

Thanks for the note....a coupon sounds good.

thrums 06-09-2011 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by patski
check Reliable and quill but hp ink has gotten very expensive so try the refillable second use ones

I had forgotten about Quill. I used to buy office supplies from them. Thanks.

thrums 06-09-2011 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by ptquilts
PS - the people who say it is cheaper to buy a new printer than a refill - you should know that the ink cartridges that are supplied with a new printer are a "starter" supply - not a full amount.

Interesting.....I didn't know that. HUH!

thrums 06-09-2011 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by STELLAN'S NANNY
I HAVE AN HP PRINTER. WAS ABLE TO GET 2 BLACK AND 2 COLORED INKS AT WALMART FOR $48.00 THIS WEEK. I THINK THAT WAS A GREAT DEAL.

The supply was really limited for my printer. I'll have to check out Walmarts in larger cities.

thrums 06-09-2011 08:40 AM

Thanks everybody for your replies! I have a shopping list and will continue to look for the best buy.

busygranny 06-09-2011 08:51 AM

I have mine refilled at "ink cartridges" It's a shop that just does refilling. I pay $7.00 for black and $10.00 for color and after you have 10 filled you get a free one. Have been using them for years and no problem. Everybody I know in our home town does it. I just b ought a Kodak printer, cost a little more but what a differency in printers. Love it and last a whole lot longer.

KyKaren1949 06-09-2011 08:59 AM

Staples has a special this week. If you recycle your ink cartridges, they're doubling what they will give you for them plus you get some off of an ink purchase of at least $50. I buy my ink from them. It's the only place I can get the XL cartridges. HP says their prices directly from them are less, but I haven't compared yet.

Rettie V. Grama 06-09-2011 09:02 AM

go to HP.com click Ink, choose your model and order. Much better price.