Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Who is next to leave? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/who-next-leave-t59404.html)

txwildflower 08-15-2010 07:18 PM

Thank you and well said. This forum is like a very large quilting bee and I love it here. I'm so glad I joined and will not go anywhere even if they drag me :lol: :lol:

mzsooz 08-15-2010 10:24 PM

Don't want everyone thinking I've left the board. I'm going on a trip tomorrow and won't be back until next weekend.

I'll sure miss all of you!

Ninnie 08-16-2010 02:27 AM

I think a lot of it has to do with the time of year. everyone is busy.
I haven't been on as much as I used to, or as I would like to. but sometimes life just gets in the way.
This is a great place. and I have no complaints. It is amazing to see how much it has grown lately.

oneygirl 08-16-2010 03:55 AM

I love this site and all of the information that everyone shares. There are many message boards that share information. But this one has so many good ideas and links to learn from!
I guess people come and go from this site just like any other relationship during our lifespan.

raptureready 08-16-2010 04:07 AM

Originally Posted by PatriceJ
there has not been a mass exodus.

again ... although the departure by a few members who were made to feel unwelcome is unfortunate it does not in any way reflect the behavior of our members in general.

we are mostly a kind, funny, and generous bunch who gather in friendship.

let's use this rare event as a reminder to walk a mile in the other person's shoes before we put our own foot in our mouths. ;-)

I don't know, Patrice, I've got so many footprints on my tongue already. . . . . . . . . . . . :lol: :lol:

ckcowl 08-16-2010 04:46 AM

ok i'm dumb...
what is the PDA they are posting in that they are leaving? i looked around do not know what the pda is you are talking about. i've not heard of anyone leaving because of issues, our moderators are very good about keeping an eye on activities and making sure no one is mis-treated.

patricej 08-16-2010 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by raptureready
I don't know, Patrice, I've got so many footprints on my tongue already. . . . . . . . . . . . :lol: :lol:

don't feel like the Lone Ranger. I've put my foot in my mouth so often i started storing my shoes there. saves lots of time in the morning. :lol:

Sadiemae 08-16-2010 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by ckcowl
ok i'm dumb...
what is the PDA they are posting in that they are leaving? i looked around do not know what the pda is you are talking about. i've not heard of anyone leaving because of issues, our moderators are very good about keeping an eye on activities and making sure no one is mis-treated.

On the home page, scroll down and you will see Personal Diaries and Announcements.

GrammaO 08-16-2010 08:55 AM

I have met so many great people on this board. I love it! I have had one or two never respond to a PM but I didn't take it personally. After all, I don't actually KNOW these people so how can I take their behavior as a personal shun? Maybe they broke their leg....their computer got a virus and crashed....their son is taking an online class and they don't get computer time......their husband took them to Paris....anyway, I have had so many positive experiences here that I'm willing to ignore the little bit of negative. The QB is, overall, a great community.

QuiltingGrannie 08-16-2010 09:17 AM

I'm still here, just not as often to write things. Lots of things going on in my life.

For those who want to keep up with me check out my PDA of "QuiltingGrannie - August 16 updates" (Sub title changes from time to time, but QuiltingGrannie stays the same!)

Love ya all,