Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Who would you lunch/ dinner with if you had the chance? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/who-would-you-lunch-dinner-if-you-had-chance-t202934.html)

QuickStitch 10-12-2012 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by tartan (Post 5577941)
i think all my loved ones who have passed on but then i would be sad again after dinner. I will wait and have my big dinner party when i get to heaven.

me too!!!!!!!!!!

nygal 10-12-2012 03:13 PM

For fun I'd love to have lunch with:

1. Jane Stickle she made the original "Dear Jane" Quilt

2. Glenn Beck.

Chasing Hawk 10-12-2012 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by nygal (Post 5580927)
For fun I'd love to have lunch with:

1. Jane Stickle she made the original "Dear Jane" Quilt

2. Glenn Beck.

If Glen is to be there. Why not invite Bill and Sean? :)

Jan in VA 10-12-2012 08:17 PM

One of the main Knights Templar......did they really go off with the Chalice or the Ark of the Covenant and did they ever come to North America?
A Peruvian King.......how did those lines and animal shapes get on top of a mountain and why?
A Mesa Verde, CO, Cliff Dweller.......did they ever worry about their toddlers falling 'overboard' from those cliff homes and why live there in the first place??
Sarah and Abraham.....what was it like to have a baby at age 90?!!
A Chinese person, a European person, and an Egyptian from 2000B.C. to compare how and why Europe was so far behind the others in civilization and inventions.
Shakespeare.....did he really write all the works attributed to him?
A very distant relative named Martha Frances Collier who made a quilt ca. 1780 that I inherited and donated to the Textile Museum at Colonial Williamsburg........Did she ever live at Portobello Plantation (now Camp Peary in Williamsburg VA), did she make other quilts, how did she meet her husband (from whom I get part of my name)?

I'm sure there are others to invite to "my table" if I had more time to think of them.:)

Jan in VA

crtwelvecats 10-12-2012 09:18 PM

1. my three moms together(they all passed away )and my bio mom could talk again to be able to chime in since when i met her she couldn't talk. and they could meet their grandkids.

2.my sister (passed on) i only got to meet 3 times

joym 10-13-2012 04:05 AM

President Obama, Mother Theresa, my deceased parents, Mandela, etc etc etc

nygal 10-13-2012 04:09 AM

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk (Post 5580946)
If Glen is to be there. Why not invite Bill and Sean? :)

Oh I like them too but Glenn is my favorite.

KwiltyKahy 10-13-2012 04:14 AM

I had thought about this several years ago and I think my answer is still the same. Isaac Asimov. He was interested and knowledgeable in so any different things I've always thought it would be great to talk to him.

joym 10-13-2012 04:42 AM

Originally Posted by joym (Post 5581708)
President Obama, Mother Theresa, my deceased parents, Mandela, etc etc etc

also Harriet Tubman or a former slave

jillnjo 10-13-2012 05:15 AM

I wonder if any of us are journaling our lives so our future family won't have some of the questions we are asking? I haven't. My life seems too uneventful to bother! But that is not true when I think about the interest I have in my past family's daily life!