Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Who's Flying?? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/whos-flying-t92219.html)

pgthom 01-21-2011 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by Connie Merritt
Need help. What is Flylady? What is its purpose? Would appreciate any info. Thanks

Flylady is a woman who "preaches/ practices" a style of household management. She wrote a book and has a website. If you google FlyLady you will find info.

char in MI 01-21-2011 07:55 PM

I have tried it off and on for a few years. She does have some excellent ideas to get a procrastinator moving. Sometimes though, life gets in the way (babysitting grandkids is much more important, as is quilting.

Ragann63 01-21-2011 08:56 PM

I love myself and my cluttered house! I'm letting my kids declutter after I am gone. :)

Marees 01-22-2011 04:27 AM

That's something I need - I'll give it a try - but I'm still going to do my craft.

Lyncat 01-22-2011 06:05 AM

I tried it a few years ago but I felt so guilty because I just couldn't do it. My sister loves it! Different personalities...sigh, her house will always be neater than mine.

Pzazz 01-24-2011 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by Murphy
Thanks for sharing that site. I will go and browse. I am a tosser, but am married to a "hoarder" so this may bring us some calm (smile).

Welcome from Iowa.

Nice to know I am not the only one!!!! Good thing I love him, or he might get tossed too!!! LOL Other than his hoarding, (which he is trying to do less of), he really is a keeper.

Patti

postal packin' mama 01-29-2011 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by pgthom

Originally Posted by Connie Merritt
Need help. What is Flylady? What is its purpose? Would appreciate any info. Thanks

Flylady is a woman who "preaches/ practices" a style of household management. She wrote a book and has a website. If you google FlyLady you will find info.

It looks like you have to select a group - ?? Can't get it to 'let me out' of the "Big Tent" thing.

noveltyjunkie 01-29-2011 01:40 PM

Thanks for the reminder- must dip in again, although I too refuse to wear shoes in the house.

But I do like the 15 minute bursts. I have been known to use that approach to attacking mouldering jobs on my desk at work as well!

postal packin' mama 01-29-2011 01:47 PM

1. your chicken avatar is cute. Did you make it?
2. did you "select a group"??

Originally Posted by noveltyjunkie
Thanks for the reminder- must dip in again, although I too refuse to wear shoes in the house.

But I do like the 15 minute bursts. I have been known to use that approach to attacking mouldering jobs on my desk at work as well!

noveltyjunkie 01-29-2011 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by postal packin' mama
1. your chicken avatar is cute. Did you make it?
2. did you "select a group"??

Originally Posted by noveltyjunkie

Thanks- yes I made the chicken- it is a pattern from "Melly and Me".

Select what group?!!