Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Willpower Yes or No (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/willpower-yes-no-t78627.html)

janethagy 11-25-2010 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by CarrieAnne
OHHHHHHHH, Doves for me too! The ones in the blue bag, NOT the dark chocolate!

Doves sounds so good... love them and cant resist them.. :lol:

theoldgraymare 11-25-2010 07:12 PM

If I am not supposed to eat it, I am unable to resist it.

littlehud 11-25-2010 08:03 PM

I can't say no to potato chips.

scowlkat 11-25-2010 08:56 PM

I have an enormous amount of will power - I will eat that slice of pie, I will eat the last of the butter pecan ice cream (yummmm!) and I will buy that yard of fabric (oh you say there are only 3 yards left, better get them all then)!

HA!

Boscobd 11-25-2010 09:17 PM

Pretty much anything sweet - especially chocolate. Also, salt and vinegar potato chips. Talk about 2 ends of the spectrum!

akgranny 11-25-2010 10:11 PM

have this thing for chocolate moose tracks, an alaska classic ice cream. to die for. can eat half a carton for supper. this stuff is addictive. however, to be practical, i buy the churned kind -- less calories!

May in Jersey 11-25-2010 10:16 PM

I don't desire chocolate but if it's in the house forgetaboutit. At Christmas someone always gives us a box of chocolates. Once the box is opened I leave on the dining room hutch. Everytime I pass the dining room I take a piece, coming back I take another piece and so it goes. A week of so later DH asks, "Didn't we have a box of chocolates?" Funny man, did he expect the chocolates to sit there all week, someone had to eat them before the went bad. LOL! May in Jersey

bjnicholson 11-25-2010 10:17 PM

Chooooocolot...if it's here, I eat it!

wanna be quilter 11-26-2010 01:10 AM

Originally Posted by hperttula123
I have no will power for chips. I love them. I don't buy them unless it's for work(I've got a physical job so I think I can work off all the calories I eat there... :roll: ). If I bring them in the house, they are gone. My kids even check my lunch bag everyday to see if I brought any home....lol...I'm smarter than that. I buy a big bag and leave them at work now!

Good for you !! a little bit of what you fancy does you good!!

Rita's mom 11-26-2010 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by cjomomma

Originally Posted by maryel

Originally Posted by cjomomma
I used to not have any will power at all when it came to chocolate anything. But now I am incontrol and can pass up the candy aisle, B-day cakes, pies and anything sweet. I got the power to walk away and I love it.

Good for you and you keep up the good work. You worked too hard to get where you are!

Thank you!! We will see how today goes.

How did you get IN control? I would love to know, I just can't seem to get to that point or stay there! :(