Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Winter hit Mississippi this afternoon! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/winter-hit-mississippi-afternoon-t161479.html)

blueangel 10-18-2011 11:27 PM

I an not ready for winter

Honeynga 10-19-2011 03:08 AM

The weather hype here (West Ga) has been about the cold weather coming in.....yesterday was 80 deg., low this a.m. was 61, which I don't think is cold....THEY keep saying it is coming this way....one weather forecaster has been talking about snow in the north GA mtns !

I certainly enjoy cooler weather, almost cold, I think I feel better and certainly enjoy staying inside and quilting !

quiltinggirl 10-19-2011 04:29 AM

It's really cool here in the plains, but I am not complaining one bit after the blistering summer we just had. I love the fall/winter seasons the best!

lovingmama 10-19-2011 06:38 AM

The sudden weather change makes it very hard on people.

tealady 10-19-2011 06:48 AM

We're having the same thing here in south La.

Honeynga 10-19-2011 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by Honeynga
The weather hype here (West Ga) has been about the cold weather coming in.....yesterday was 80 deg., low this a.m. was 61, which I don't think is cold....THEY keep saying it is coming this way....one weather forecaster has been talking about snow in the north GA mtns !

I certainly enjoy cooler weather, almost cold, I think I feel better and certainly enjoy staying inside and quilting !

So, I'm replying to my own post ! Got showered and dressed this a.m. in t shirt, shorts and sandals....walked out the door a little before 8 a.m., and oh my gosh, it was raining a steady cold rain, wind blowing and the temp had probably dropped to about 50 ! Didn't take me long to come back inside and change into more weather appropriate clothes !

The plus side is that my apt is so tight and secure I almost never have to turn on heat ! Moved in here in Feb, 2011, and I think I MIGHT of run the "big" furnace once to knock the chill off.....I typically use my little electric heater that looks like a radiator....saved big time on my natural gas consumption this past spring.

gramajo 10-19-2011 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by irishrose
Snow here tomorrow night. I guess it's time, but I'm not ready.

Cold & wet I can deal with. Not ready for snow!

Nanamoms 10-19-2011 11:47 AM

Still cold here today. Weatherman said high is 60s but doesn't feel like it.

At least no AC today but now I've got to get my gas fireplace lite to take the chill off!!

And the wind is blowing like a hurricane today!!

Nanamoms 10-19-2011 11:47 AM

Still cold here today. Weatherman said high is 60s but doesn't feel like it.

At least no AC today but now I've got to get my gas fireplace lite to take the chill off!!

Glad the wind isn't blowing like a hurricane today!!

HummerGardenCrafts 10-19-2011 04:47 PM

We're getting lots of rain now. And the wind still hasn't laid down. Their are leaves blowing everywhere. And the trees are really getting bare now. I figure it won't be long until we see snow.