Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   WOW!!! Never seen a big one like that before!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/wow-never-seen-big-one-like-before-t136072.html)

huntannette 07-08-2011 01:11 PM

Thy are absolutely wonderful!! I make jam and keep it for Xmas brunch!! and no, you can`t make money picking these!! LOL

Originally Posted by Crabby Patty
I used to pick strawberries for .05 cents a quart. I'm sure glad they were bigger than the ones you've been picking though. I would never earn a nickel. Are they sweet? Usually the smallest domestic strawberries are the sweetest. Good job.

bearisgray 07-08-2011 01:16 PM

I'm impressed that you brought that many home!

I think most of the ones I picked would have been inside of me - not in the pan.

A sun-warmed strawberry is one of the most delicious things in the world! :-D

fishhavengirl 07-08-2011 01:40 PM

I'll take some jam please! YUM YUM

huntannette 07-08-2011 02:15 PM

i actually picked about 5 and a half hours....thy were spread all over, except for the last bunch...today i feel like a truck hit me..lol

Originally Posted by bearisgray
I'm impressed that you brought that many home!

I think most of the ones I picked would have been inside of me - not in the pan.

A sun-warmed strawberry is one of the most delicious things in the world! :-D

quiltpd 07-08-2011 02:45 PM

Boy do they look yummy !!

Ramona Byrd 07-08-2011 03:18 PM

Plant some seeds. I think you might have to put them in the fridge for a while. Check online for the propagation needs.

You might start a brand new line of strawberries. Some people make a lot of money this way.

huntannette 07-08-2011 04:43 PM

smart...might go back and get some of the plants.....

Originally Posted by Ramona Byrd
Plant some seeds. I think you might have to put them in the fridge for a while. Check online for the propagation needs.

You might start a brand new line of strawberries. Some people make a lot of money this way.

purrfectquilts 07-09-2011 04:44 AM

Oh, yummy, they look so good. All the growing conditions must be just right this year.

Yooper32 07-09-2011 04:50 AM

You just made me soooo homesick for my little farm in the UP. We always picked wild strawberries around the edges of the hay fields and along the road too. Funny thing is, we had a cat that always followed us out to the back fields and she loved strawberries too and picked her own and ate them. The selfish thing never put one in our baskets.

huntannette 07-09-2011 06:23 AM

ha ha ha cute!! Went to a friends last week to pick in her field and her dog was following us around doing the same thing as your cat....lol

Originally Posted by Yooper32
You just made me soooo homesick for my little farm in the UP. We always picked wild strawberries around the edges of the hay fields and along the road too. Funny thing is, we had a cat that always followed us out to the back fields and she loved strawberries too and picked her own and ate them. The selfish thing never put one in our baskets.