Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Are you a crier? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/you-crier-t136956.html)

Painiacs 07-11-2011 10:58 PM

I don't know why but I hate ppl to see me cry! Worse after oprah spoke about the ugly cry!! I'm weird I guess!

wanda lou 07-11-2011 11:21 PM

yep all the time.

sandy14 07-12-2011 01:37 AM

One movie that I just love, love, love and cry every time I watch it is "When a Man Loves a Woman". Meg Ryan and the handsome husband (can't think if his name). I must have watched it a dozen times and I sob!!!!!!

It is very healthy to cry and I am not embarassed by it at all. And I taught my sons, it is just fine to cry. Some parents say, "your a boy and boys don't cry". That is just wrong!!!! They are human too!!!

Thanks for sharing.

sandy14

ptquilts 07-12-2011 02:24 AM

I cry at movies, parades, or when I see someone upset in real life or on TV (like news), among other things. Also the last scene in the opera, "La Boheme", where Mimi has just died. Just hearing the music, I burst into tears.
I guess I would be no good in a medical profession, I tend to relate too much to others' pain.

mrspete 07-12-2011 02:29 AM

I'm a quandry of emotions ALL THE TIME. News items that insense my ethical side, touching movies and commercials and children's precious stories, oh yes, memories. My ex husband would say, "oh gosh someone popped a knuckle...there she goes!" But, I'm a very caring person and I hope never to be dry eyed and sombre to the human need around me. I just could not be hard hearted. My crying is an ugly site, so look away, it's flowing freely.

from a happy hearted soul !!!

emerald46 07-12-2011 02:59 AM

I've always been a crier. It bothered me when I was younger but at some point you just accept it is who you are. My Aunt gave me this little quote a long time ago..."There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are messengers of overwhelming grief...and unspeakable love.” by Washington Irving

mcdaniel023 07-12-2011 03:02 AM

Originally Posted by ontheriver
I do cry over sad things and tear jerker movies but mostly I cry when I am extremely mad. My family knows if they made me cry they better watch out.

Me, too. But, it isn't a good thing at work...if you are the boss. :oops:

Connie 07-12-2011 03:06 AM

I have found the older I get the more emotional crying I seem to do. If I get mad I cry and you can see people running for their life.

DeeBooper 07-12-2011 03:14 AM

I don't cry often enough. I think it would help if I let it out! The last time I cried was over 23 years ago after my divorce and I guess that used up most of my tears...LOL

Darlene 07-12-2011 03:33 AM

Not anymore but the Speaker of the House cries all the time so I guess it's okay for you too.