Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Are you old enough to know what these are? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/you-old-enough-know-what-these-t83148.html)

PegD 12-16-2010 02:06 AM

Unfortunately I do know what they are. (not so young anymore). I have a ceramic iron that you fill with water and has one of those on top. I got it when my DFIL passed. I don't use it, as I would hate to break it.

no1jan 12-16-2010 02:48 AM

I remember those! They were wonderful for sprinkling the ironing before ironing.

I have often wished they'd bring them back along with some of the other ideas from the past. For instance, the cutting board in the kitchen cabinets. Loved those also!

SuziC 12-16-2010 03:00 AM

OMG that brings back memories!!!!!

watterstide 12-16-2010 03:02 AM

I remember bags of rolled up laundry in the fridge. :-D
me too! lol

redvette54 12-16-2010 03:55 AM

Originally Posted by watterstide

I remember bags of rolled up laundry in the fridge. :-D
me too! lol

My grandmother did that too

emsgranny 12-16-2010 04:06 AM

I soo remember them!! Am I that old!! Naw its just that I used them growing up - I think mom was just trying to pass on a family tradition lol Of course we did have glass soda bottles also-There were 5 of us kids and I remember that mom drank her pepsi all the time-on rare occasions she would share her pepsi with us kids as a special treat - not much mind you - we had to share two bottles between all of us - We sure watched whoever was pouring to make sure all the glasses were even!! I blame her for my pepsi addiction lol

quilter on the eastern edge 12-16-2010 04:19 AM

Originally Posted by Honey
My mom used hers in a soda bottle. I remember it quite well.

My mom had one in an old Pepsi bottle. She would sprinkle Dad's shirts and roll them before ironing them.

dakotamaid 12-16-2010 05:37 AM

[quote=Sarah]Yes, I am...they are sprinklers. Fill a bottle with water and put the top on and then sprinkle the clothes when they came off the line, roll them up and put in a plastic bag or pillow case, ater a while you ironed the clothes, the dampness made them easier to iron. If you didn't get around to ironing right way you put the clothes in the refrigerator so they didn't sour.[/quote

YUP, used them myself!! Now I use a spray bottle!

okiepastor 12-16-2010 05:47 AM

Yes, I remember those too--Grandma used the brown Chlorox bottles, Mom used some clear glass bottles....I used Sasparilla bottles!

Short an Sweet 12-16-2010 05:53 AM

lol I remember them, my mom and grandma put them on empty bottles filled with water(?) to spritz the clothes while they were ironing

Originally Posted by pittsburgpam
They were my mother's and a small memento that I kept of hers. I hadn't seen one of these in a very long time and I remember her using them.

Of course, Nosey over here had to come and check it out.