Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Problems With Camera Batteries >
  • Problems With Camera Batteries

• Problems With Camera Batteries

Old 05-31-2010, 09:27 AM

i had a canon and the batteries wouldnt last but a few days. my first canon was fine. i sent it back to the company twice-nothing wrong with it. my DH bought me a canon elf with its own rechargeable battery and its the best little camera. battery lasts a long time.
    Old 05-31-2010, 09:46 AM
    Power Poster

I have several of the cheaper digital cameras to have around the house and in the car. I've seen too many family members lose or have the expensive camera stolen, for me to keep up with one that cost more then $50! My pictures look as good as theirs when on the computer and that's all I do with my pictures. The batteries that say for digital camera last a very long time. Kodak rechargeable last longer then the other rechargeable and will work for any camera that takes regular batteries.
    Old 05-31-2010, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by dsb38327
    Originally Posted by virtualbernie
    Originally Posted by dsb38327
    Same here. Drives me nuts!
    We have the Kodak EasyShare Z712IS. The Kodak (nonrechargeable) battery that came in it worked fine. Lots of photos and lots of videos.
    When it was gone we got a RadioShack non-rechargeable. Very few photos and almost no videos and it was gone.
    We now have a generic rechargeable. I can get 10 to 12 photos on one charge.
    I thought it must be the camera but maybe it is not.
    I haven't tried the Kodak rechargeable but maybe I will have to use Kodak since it is a Kodak camera?
    I am happy to see this post. All thoughts and ideas are appreciated.
    I have that same camera and I have had Energizer Ultimate Lithium batteries in it for a while now. I found that if you get the ones that specifically say to be used for digital cameras they last longer. The funny thing is I had that same issue with batteries wearing out really fast before I bought the energizer ones. Then I ordered the Kodak rechargable pack but haven't had a chance to use it yet because the energizer ones are still going strong!
    virturalbernie,
    This is encouraging. Do I need to know if you have rechargeable or non-rechargeable?
    I also find it valuable to know about taking the battery out of the camera when I am not using it. I didn't know that would make them last longer.
    Get's to a point where you have the purchase price of the camera soaked up in replacement batteries. This is a valuable post to me./Thanks, Dorothy
    The energizer batteries I have are non rechargable but like I said, you have to get the ones that specifically say for digital cameras and other electronic products, otherwise they really don't last.
    Old 05-31-2010, 03:08 PM

I have no luck either. I just go buy a new camera lol
    Old 05-31-2010, 05:25 PM
    Banned

I have the nikon L10 . I bought the pocket charger with 4 rechargable batteries at walmart . It seems to work fine . But I'll have to check out the lithium batteries . Thanks for the tip :thumbup: Annie
    Old 05-31-2010, 06:24 PM

I was told to take them out of my digital camera when I am not using it. It really works well but I have to keep resetting the time and date. I have recently bought re-chargeable batteries and and they work great.
    Old 05-31-2010, 08:40 PM

I have the same problem with batteries not lasting, and wondered if it was the batteries, or the charger, or the camera... I really appreciate the info and suggestions on this subject as we are going to Yellowstone this summer, and this is one of the things I have to work out before leaving. Must have batteries that will take more than 12 pictures! I will check into lithium batteries. :-) Thank you all!
    Old 05-31-2010, 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by MaryStoaks
    My camera is a Canon Power Shot SD1200 IS. It comes with a battery pack that is flat, thin, rectangular and comes with a charger. I can take abot 200 pictures before recharging. I bought this camera because I won't have to mess with rechrging batteries often.
    We have the Canon PowerShot SD1100 IS - has a battery pack too. We can go a long time without having to charge it. Luv it, luv it, luv it.
    Old 06-01-2010, 04:30 PM

I use Duracell myself & have not poblems. I also remove the batteries after use and store them in the fridge. Believe me, it does make them last longer. Have had the present set for at least 5 years. I don't take a lot of snaps, so that may be part of the reason.
    Old 06-04-2010, 08:09 AM
    Banned

I have a kodak and the batteries last forever. God bless. Penny