Question About Hair Color

Old 03-21-2010, 05:56 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk
Originally Posted by marsye
Originally Posted by starlight
The last time that I dyed my hair it came out crayola red. Went to the hairdresser to have it fixed and have been going natural ever since. I did not want a repeat of that red--I am a brunette and not sure what it was that I did.
Thats what I'm afraid of!!!!!!! :shock:
At least we would be able to find you in a crowd. :shock:
What if I don't want to be found???!!!! LOL
Old 03-22-2010, 07:13 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sewgull
Let be pround of those gray hairs. I tell everyone that each hairs represents a good time in my life. I had vey dark hair and premature gray was inheritated from my dad. At least you still have hair.
Sorry,can't do it :D
But I do feel that way about wrinkles. I don't have too many but I like the ones I have!! :D
Old 03-22-2010, 07:20 AM

I use Loreal Feria colors (although I've used all the Loreal brands and have had great luck with them). I think the feria gives a little more highlight than the others though. I've tried some of the cheaper brands in the past, but they just dried my hair out badly... Good luck!!!
Old 03-22-2010, 08:00 AM

Myself I'm a hairdresser and I hate to say I've seen some bad home job's and the cost to repair them is much more then getting it done right the first time. It's very costly when you mess up and time cosuming and you'll feel better. Sorry not one for Salley either they actually try to give you advice, but not always knowing what they talking about. Give all this a throught!!
Old 03-22-2010, 08:19 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Mundy Woodbeck
Myself I'm a hairdresser and I hate to say I've seen some bad home job's and the cost to repair them is much more then getting it done right the first time. It's very costly when you mess up and time cosuming and you'll feel better. Sorry not one for Salley either they actually try to give you advice, but not always knowing what they talking about. Give all this a throught!!

Yes, as I said in an earlier post- my sister goes to the hairdresser and her hair looks better than mine. But the thought of being a slave to a hairdresser makes me nuts!! She goes for a cut and color every 4 weeks, no exception, no matter what :D
Old 03-22-2010, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by marsye
Yeah...this is something different huh? :lol: I've never been one to color my hair but now its getting very grey and ugly!!! DAMMIT :lol: What is a good brand of color to use to cover the grey? I want to use the same color as my hair is now. I want to do it at home, not a salon. And something that won't turn my hair orange!!! :hunf: Any suggestions?
L'Oreal from Sally's Beauty Supply. Buy your color, than purchase the L'Oreal peroxide. Less expensive than boxed.

After 15 yrs. of coloring, I stopped last year, and went el-natural. Took a long time to recognize that silver haired lady in the mirror, but love the freedom of not having to color! ;-)

PS: Don't buy ash tones, as it will give you a greenish tone to your hair. There's also little tubes of a bluing that Sally sales to keep away that orange look.
Old 03-22-2010, 01:52 PM
Power Poster

I have my hair natural and it is gray, would love to be white, not happened yet. Coloring my hair would just make me look like an old lady that colors her hair. Don't figure I could fool anyone so I spend that time on something else. Colored hair doesn't look normal to me, natural colors are not the same as colored hair is.
Old 03-22-2010, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by janRN
Oh you poor thing. I don't have any gray hair--yeah right!! I'v used Nice & Easy for so long I'm not sure what my "real" hair color is except drab!! I've never had a problem with N&E and it is easy to use. A little advice: while it's setting, don't quilt--it may drip. Ask me how I know!! Good luck and remember: you're beautiful just the way you are!!
I too have used nice and easy, but don't have to dye my hair, not much grey yet.
Old 03-22-2010, 04:49 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Jingleberry
I have my hair natural and it is gray, would love to be white, not happened yet. Coloring my hair would just make me look like an old lady that colors her hair. Don't figure I could fool anyone so I spend that time on something else. Colored hair doesn't look normal to me, natural colors are not the same as colored hair is.
I agree. You can't duplicate natural color. Too bad I didn't appreciate my dark brown when it was really pretty :evil: :evil: :evil:
I always wanted it lighter until I started getting gray then I wanted my natural hair again lolol
Old 03-23-2010, 04:32 AM

Since being out of work I have been doing it myself, hate the mess, the time etc.....
Much prefer to have my hairdresser do it; besides red doesn't do well as DIY out of the box:)