Question About Hair Color

Old 03-25-2010, 01:08 PM

i use nice n easy. and it doesn't seem to matter what color i use. it always comes out really dark brown, much darker than i intend. my hair must be very absorbent. i started out using dk brown because my natural color was black-brown. it came out black. i dropped down to med brown and it came out too dk, but a little lighter. i dropped down to light brown and it was still too dark. this last was dk blonde (me? i don't think so :roll: ) and it's finally a color i can live with, but dh says go back up one notch.

the secret, imo, is to look for it to say guaranteed 100% grey coverage. they don't all say that. also, if you have short hair, as i do, you don't need the full amount they give you. instead of mixing at all, use only 1/2 of each in the mix. keep the rest in their separate containers until next time. as long as you keep them separated they will stay good for a very long time. make sure that they're covered tight. i pour the liquids into a different bottle, 1/2 of each, and use it from there. if i don't have a squeeze bottle, i use a small bowl and i paint it on generously and go from there. now, of course, i have bottles from previous jobs.