Question about Paypal

Old 05-27-2011, 07:28 AM
Power Poster

Paypal is great. You can leave it in your account to buy other things or it can go into your checking account. I prefer to leave it in my paypal account.
Old 05-27-2011, 08:10 AM
Banned

I have paypal.....Yes, you can have a bank acct. I do and when someone pays me I go directly to paypal and withdrawl...Do this immediately because if you don't they keep taking out fees.
If expecting more than one amt just withdrawl and when next one comes, do the same....Very easy.
Old 05-27-2011, 08:16 AM

It is easy to just let folks know they need to add the fee to the purchase--OR just add it up front on the purchase price. If someone sends a money order, then you can let them know they can deduct that PP amount--that is how I do it...
And there is NO buyer protection if sent as a gift--I got ripped off to the tune of over $60 that way on a purchase on another site, so beware!
Old 05-27-2011, 08:55 AM

I use Paypal for my ebay shopping. After I authorized payment through Paypal I'm directed back to ebay. I then go directly to Paypal, using my browser, and find I'm not log out. So every time I use Paypal I go back and make sure I'm logged out. Better safe, than sorry.
Old 05-28-2011, 05:43 AM

Have to agree with it all been a paypal fan for years, when I did have a problem (once) I went though paypal and they took care of it I didn't have to do anything, but use a very strong password and don't open anything in your email that doesn't look right, Paypal never ask for your information though email or they never have with me
Old 05-28-2011, 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by karenchi
I have paypal.....Yes, you can have a bank acct. I do and when someone pays me I go directly to paypal and withdrawl...Do this immediately because if you don't they keep taking out fees.
If expecting more than one amt just withdrawl and when next one comes, do the same....Very easy.
That is pretty weird--I have NEVER had them "keep taking out fees" and have used it for a LONG time....

and there is Google Checkout --which transfers the funds to your bank WITHOUT you having to go online and do that...
Old 05-28-2011, 07:39 AM

I use PayPal for everything online! I send payments to family members using the 'Personal" tab...it costs no one a dime! It's great!

Originally Posted by katier825
You can leave it in your PayPal account and use it for whatever. I never do though. I've never had a problem with PayPal, but feel safer if it's in my bank.

Tip: DO NOT EVER click on an email that says you need to update your info in your PayPal account. There are spammers who's email looks like it's from PayPal, but isn't. It's always best to go to the address bar and type in PayPal.com and log in directly. They will never email you and ask for your info.
Old 05-28-2011, 07:42 AM

I love paypal. I pay everything I can with it. And the convience and safety is worth the fee to me. I was using a bank account/debit card and I kept having problems. None so far with paypal. If I sell something I use paypal it is my money to do with as I please. If I need some I make a transfer to my bank account but it takes 4 days to go through. I can send my daughter money or my granddaughter that way too.
Old 05-28-2011, 08:05 AM
Power Poster

i would never connect my Bank account to paypal. ever. too many hackers for me to feel that safe.
Old 05-28-2011, 08:12 AM
Power Poster

I use Pay Pal for Ebay mostly. I have many rare old books that sell fast on EBay. I sell a few rare books and keep that money in PayPay. I use that money to bid or buy items I want. When I run out of money I sell more books on Ebay. It's like I'm just trading items for different items. The books cost me about $2 or less. I can spot a book that will sell for high $$ on line, at a thrift store or yard sale in a glance. I want a new Go die, I use the money in my pay pal account. I love it.