Question about Paypal

Old 05-28-2011, 10:25 AM

I've left money in my Paypal account and never had a problem, though sad to say I've never had more than $100 or so in there.
Old 05-28-2011, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by zelda2
I use PayPal for everything online! I send payments to family members using the 'Personal" tab...it costs no one a dime! It's great!

Originally Posted by katier825
You can leave it in your PayPal account and use it for whatever. I never do though. I've never had a problem with PayPal, but feel safer if it's in my bank.

Tip: DO NOT EVER click on an email that says you need to update your info in your PayPal account. There are spammers who's email looks like it's from PayPal, but isn't. It's always best to go to the address bar and type in PayPal.com and log in directly. They will never email you and ask for your info.
I used the personal for family but this last month, when I used it, there was a charge anyway. Guess they changed it or I hit a wrong button but I paid it.
Old 05-28-2011, 10:38 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by ChrisB
Originally Posted by zelda2
I use PayPal for everything online! I send payments to family members using the 'Personal" tab...it costs no one a dime! It's great!

Originally Posted by katier825
You can leave it in your PayPal account and use it for whatever. I never do though. I've never had a problem with PayPal, but feel safer if it's in my bank.

Tip: DO NOT EVER click on an email that says you need to update your info in your PayPal account. There are spammers who's email looks like it's from PayPal, but isn't. It's always best to go to the address bar and type in PayPal.com and log in directly. They will never email you and ask for your info.
I used the personal for family but this last month, when I used it, there was a charge anyway. Guess they changed it or I hit a wrong button but I paid it.
Was it an international transfer?
Old 05-28-2011, 04:06 PM

[quoteI used the personal for family but this last month, when I used it, there was a charge anyway. Guess they changed it or I hit a wrong button but I paid it.[/quote]

Happened to me too--they must have changed it as so many were most likely bypassing payments to PP using personal......have not taken time to read the rules again...
Old 05-29-2011, 05:28 AM

When my son sends money by paypal to pay bills or buy something for him, I end up with much higher fees than posted on here. Maybe it's because it's coming from oversea, but I have $'s taken out for fees. Maybe I need to check on this!!!
Old 05-29-2011, 05:39 AM
Power Poster

This link gives a lot of information about the fee structure for making payments via PayPal.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-fees-outside]https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...y-fees-outside[/url]

There are additional charges for international transfers and payments.
Old 05-29-2011, 06:54 AM

im not sure what the precentage is but i used to sell my used books on ebay ande used paypal for that and it wasnt very much but the books werent that expensive either. i always
left my money in my paypal cause it took about 4 days to get in my bank account and chances were i was just gonna spend it on fabric anyway ))).
carla
Old 06-01-2011, 08:48 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by k3n
Can I but I here and ask what percentage you pay to receive money by Paypal? I'll be selling a pattern soon and as I'm in England, Paypal would be the best way for you ladies and gents in the States to buy! I am used to buying myself usingPaypal but have never received money that way. I guess I could check my Paypal account, but whilst we were talking about it...
All I can tell you is that I sent yesterday $795 to US, prob £490, and paid $7.95 paypal charge for the transaction.
Old 06-01-2011, 08:56 AM

If you ever receive a suspicious sounding email that you think is a fake forward it to [email protected] and they will get back to you. Don't copy and paste it , just forward it directly. I get them all the time. They try and say my credit card on file has expired or some lame reason. I have different emails and I get spoof emails in ones that aren't even connected to my paypal account. Never click on the links in the email. You might want to set up a seperate bank account just for paypal moeny to go into with a minimal amount of money in it. Better to be safe than sorry when it comes to your money. Hackers are always coming up with new phishing tricks.
crafty_linda_b