quilt or clean house?

Old 03-10-2013, 04:24 AM

Originally Posted by NanaCindyLou
I have an unexpected day off from work....should I quilt or clean up my messy house? HAHAHA just kidding............ Of course I'm gonna quilt......
Well, I have been off of work since February 7 th because I fell on the ice and broke my right elbow. Have had two surgeries and start p t this week. I can't quilt because even though I'm left handed, I can't hold the rulers with my right hand. Funny tho, I can clean, my husband does sinks, toilets, mirrors, steps and I dust and vacuum.
Old 03-10-2013, 04:32 AM

That's an easy one.
Old 03-10-2013, 05:05 AM

The house will just get messy again from the quilting, so why bother cleaning A clean house is a sign of f broken sewing machine. ;-)
Old 03-10-2013, 06:20 AM

There's only one place housework comes before quilting and that's in the dictionary.
Old 03-10-2013, 06:46 AM

My schedule is soooooooo busy that, if I have a few available hours, I'd much rather piece/quilt! I always said I didn't want my tombstone to read, "She was a great housekeeper."
Old 03-10-2013, 06:59 AM

this was me the past three days. I'm off every Thur thru Sat and get frustrated when I go back to work on Sunday because I feel like I didn't get anything done. Thursday I decided to clean my sewing room before working on another WIP. I worked on it Thur and Frid and was so happy by Friday afternoon. I had cleaned and scrubbed it all, except for carpet but did clean my chair matt. I changed where I hung my emb hoops and I had gotten another ruler holder from Hampton show and put it up then took my two spool racks from JoAnns and put them on the wall and reorganized. It looks so good, as usual I found things I had forgotten about or didn't know where they were at. I would have gotten it done on Thur but stopped to pick up the rest of the house and fix dinner. Then Fri I had to leave to go and get my car and shopping. Sat, I finished my DD laundry (just so she'd get it out of my house) and did all of mine. I had to include bed linens since my DG kids spent the night and it involved the 2yr old getting sick first in her bed then mine. I pulled apart my dinning room and cleaned and mopped it and it now looks great. Then picked up the living room and kitchen. I felt so good that after the kids went home last night I went tanning. I'm going on vacation over spring break and Easter and even though I'm staying home I don't want to spend my time either cleaning or feeling that I should. All weekend I wanted to finish my jacket and my daughters beach bag. I was afraid to stop because I felt since I was in the mood to clean I'd better seize the opportunity when it hit. I'm always in the mood to sew something. It felt so good going to work this morning for a change. Well except for the hour of lost sleep, then I got hooked on a lifetime movie that lasted until 12 then couldn't get to sleep. I so didn't want to get up when that alarm went off at 5am.
Old 03-10-2013, 07:00 AM

What dust?
I don't see any dust.

QUILT
Old 03-10-2013, 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by yorkie luv
The house will just get messy again from the quilting, so why bother cleaning A clean house is a sign of f broken sewing machine. ;-)
I know, this morning when I told my co-worker about my cleaning all weekend. He said well at least its clean. I said, yeah, until I start sewing again, then it'll be a mess again. I told him that's the way most quilters and sewers and I also embroider do. I clean after each project so I can find what I need for the next project or WIP.
Old 03-10-2013, 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by christinetindell
Well, I have been off of work since February 7 th because I fell on the ice and broke my right elbow. Have had two surgeries and start p t this week. I can't quilt because even though I'm left handed, I can't hold the rulers with my right hand. Funny tho, I can clean, my husband does sinks, toilets, mirrors, steps and I dust and vacuum.
Now if my husband would have done all that, first of all I might not have gotten rid of him or I might want to get another one. Funny thing is that I was married to a twin, the one I got was messy and lazy. His brother, was the neat nick. Goes to figure.
Old 03-10-2013, 08:57 AM

I'm with Tezell, if my house needs cleaning I have to clean first. Been like that all of my married life (50years). I still have time to quilt because I keep everything picked up as I go along.