quilt club party

Old 12-09-2010, 02:21 PM

I agree that anyone who took blocks "STILL OWE" blocks to those who were expecting to swap! As for extra guests, without ASKING (not "informing")the hostess(es) )that is a NO-NO.
I'm sorry you were hurt, and hope amends are made and forgiveness given.
Old 12-09-2010, 02:51 PM

Some people are just plain rude these days. They don't bother to RSVP half the time. And bringing extra guests is common here. So weird to go to kids birthday parties and see a bunch of siblings there as well as the child that was actually invited and the parents thinking they will be paid for. Our society has a pervading sense of entitlement and I'm sorry it reared it's ugly head at your party. I would definitely expect those who took blocks to make some for those they took from. I also would be sure and add an obvious note next time to the invite saying "please check with me if you would like to bring extra guests so I can ensure we have an accurate head count for the affair"
Old 12-09-2010, 03:17 PM

Laura 22, we actual said- we are expecting the 12 members of the club and a special guest, mrs. XX. We know --- &---- are unable to attend,so we are setting our menu with this in mind & finished with qestions,problems??please call& 2 names,2#'s---I THOUGHT that was enough. DUH!!....
Old 12-09-2010, 05:49 PM
Cyn

I feel your pain too. There's always someone who feels like they are owed things.
Old 12-09-2010, 06:46 PM
BMP

I never took my boys to these types of gatherings, if Dad wasnt home to be with them, or I couldnt get a sitter I stayed home. I dont feel it would have been fair to the others.
Old 12-09-2010, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by quilt crazee
Laura 22, we actual said- we are expecting the 12 members of the club and a special guest, mrs. XX. We know --- &---- are unable to attend,so we are setting our menu with this in mind & finished with qestions,problems??please call& 2 names,2#'s---I THOUGHT that was enough. DUH!!....
Well that is just plain ridiculous then, you did everything you could do and I'm so sorry that you were still taken advantage of this way. I hope that the folks who behaved impolitely improve their behavior in the future.
Old 12-09-2010, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by Momof3Es
I have 3 kids and if I don't ask before I take them with! If I think it's something that I can take them to I always ask to make sure they can come with!! That was just rude!!!
Ok I was rereading this and it just sounds wrong. If I don't ask I DON'T take them with! Sorry about that!