Quirky Habits

Old 07-29-2012, 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by Mousie
I could never put my towels in groups by color.
That would mess up my system of putting fresh laundry on the bottom so everything gets used equally!
Ooh... what a good idea! See what this thread is doing? Giving me even MORE quirks!!!
Old 07-29-2012, 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by Pam H
We are all getting all kinds of new ideas. I don't know if that is good or bad. A lot of the things mentioned are very logical and make life easier and more organized. Some of them are just wacky! I'm not going to mention any names!
Hey! I resemble that remark! LOL!
Old 07-29-2012, 12:53 AM

oh, I didn't figure your hubby for a stinker. You'd Al-Kabong him!
No quilter is gonna cozy up to a stinky man, lol p-u...phooey
You said a mouthful there, sister! Cute as he is, I'd kick his stinky bo-bo to the curb!!!
Old 07-29-2012, 12:55 AM

girlfriend that is just splendiferous if not totally unheard of around these parts!
If my dh offered to carry my "purse stuff" in his pockets get the smelling salts and throw a quilt down, bc I'll surely fall out!
Oh, I didn't say he offered. He just feels my hand in his pocket, putting girl stuff in there. Or I pull this one "Honey, could you hold this for a minute?" & then the minute turns into 7 hours!
Old 07-29-2012, 12:57 AM

seems having your door open makes it "windy" in there
And there I thought it was my hound dog! That's my DH's excuse "It must be the dog -- y'know hounds are supposed to be gassy". Yeah, sure, honey... riiiiiiiiiiiiiight. It's the dog!
Old 07-29-2012, 12:59 AM

OK... who has "good" stuff? Like your good towels or your good sheets (my Mother used to have "good" underwear, tho she'd been married to my dad for over 40 years so I'm not sure who she thought she was saving them for... LOL!). I have "good" stuff that isn't for us to use... it's just for company.
Old 07-29-2012, 06:13 AM

For those of you afraid of bats.....good thing you weren't at the play with me last night. It was a big one. Swooping around the theater for about 10 minutes. The crowd was pretty excited but no one screamed. It came very close to my daughter a couple of times. Pretty surprising that with maybe 250 people in the crowd that no one screamed. I don't see how the actors could stay in character plus remember their lines. I've been on that stage a couple of different times when there was a bat. Fun times....not!
Old 07-29-2012, 06:44 AM

I use the same coffee cup all day, even if I'm only drinking water. I used to start another cup when I couldn't remember where I put it, since I carry them from place to place in the house. If I can't find it I go looking. Then I have dirtied only one cup instead of half a dozen or more.
I do things my kids think are weird and I told them if they ask I can tell them the reason.
Old 07-29-2012, 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by kateyb
I use the same coffee cup all day, even if I'm only drinking water. I used to start another cup when I couldn't remember where I put it, since I carry them from place to place in the house. If I can't find it I go looking. Then I have dirtied only one cup instead of half a dozen or more.
I do things my kids think are weird and I told them if they ask I can tell them the reason.
LOL I do this, too! I'll just keep washing out the same cup and reusing it. I have one "over-sized" cup, my son gave me. LOVE that cup and it's the one I almost always use!
Old 07-29-2012, 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by Pam H
For those of you afraid of bats.....good thing you weren't at the play with me last night. It was a big one. Swooping around the theater for about 10 minutes. The crowd was pretty excited but no one screamed. It came very close to my daughter a couple of times. Pretty surprising that with maybe 250 people in the crowd that no one screamed. I don't see how the actors could stay in character plus remember their lines. I've been on that stage a couple of different times when there was a bat. Fun times....not!
Unless you're flailing about, confusing it, a bat will do its best to avoid touching you.