Quirky Habits

Old 07-29-2012, 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by burchquilts
OK... who has "good" stuff? Like your good towels or your good sheets (my Mother used to have "good" underwear, tho she'd been married to my dad for over 40 years so I'm not sure who she thought she was saving them for... LOL!). I have "good" stuff that isn't for us to use... it's just for company.
I have "good" towels and washcloths, for company.
I used to have "good" slippers but kept "borrowing" them, when my others were wet or needed washing. Eventually, the "good" ones were no longer good.
Used to have a "good" kitchen sponge, as well. The "good" sponge was only used for dishes, with no food on them.
Old 07-29-2012, 05:33 PM
Power Poster

You said a mouthful there, sister! Cute as he is, I'd kick his stinky bo-bo to the curb!!!
ROFLMBOFFFF!!!!
your so funny
(down here a bo-bo is not the same thing as what you'd be kicking!...my niece told me! )
Old 07-29-2012, 05:35 PM
Power Poster

And there I thought it was my hound dog! That's my DH's excuse "It must be the dog -- y'know hounds are supposed to be gassy". Yeah, sure, honey... riiiiiiiiiiiiiight. It's the dog!
couldn't sell that one to me.
Dog's smell like dog food.
Men?....weeeellll.........
Old 07-29-2012, 05:38 PM
Power Poster

OK... who has "good" stuff? Like your good towels or your good sheets (my Mother used to have "good" underwear, tho she'd been married to my dad for over 40 years so I'm not sure who she thought she was saving them for... LOL!). I have "good" stuff that isn't for us to use... it's just for company.
oh,...another new thing for me to do!!!!
your rubbing off
(I can't believe I haven't been "saving" towels and sheets...oh yeah...we never have company. Well, that may change,...especially if we have nice towels and sheets )
Old 07-29-2012, 05:40 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by kateyb
I use the same coffee cup all day, even if I'm only drinking water. I used to start another cup when I couldn't remember where I put it, since I carry them from place to place in the house. If I can't find it I go looking. Then I have dirtied only one cup instead of half a dozen or more.
I do things my kids think are weird and I told them if they ask I can tell them the reason.
I do this, but rinse mine several times a day and get a clean one every day!
dh got bacteria in tummy and I told him, (oh, how I told him!)...that could happen!
He's listening now. Wonder how long that will last?

Last edited by Mousie; 07-29-2012 at 05:44 PM.
Old 07-29-2012, 05:42 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Neesie
Unless you're flailing about, confusing it, a bat will do its best to avoid touching you.
a bat with phobias.
No wonder they say "crazy as a bat", or he's got bats in his belfry.
hmmm, think those same bats quilt??? (I mean they got 'quirks' )
Old 07-29-2012, 09:50 PM

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

Speaking of sleeping, who besides me CANNOT sleep with the door shut? That puppy has to be wide open for me to even consider zzzzzzz's!!!
Yep. And the closet door absolutely closed tight. But the darker the room is, the better I sleep.
I also have to sleep with ....count them....5 pillows (well, three are small ones).

Jan in VA
Old 07-29-2012, 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by Pam H
For those of you afraid of bats.....good thing you weren't at the play with me last night. It was a big one. Swooping around the theater for about 10 minutes. The crowd was pretty excited but no one screamed. It came very close to my daughter a couple of times. Pretty surprising that with maybe 250 people in the crowd that no one screamed. I don't see how the actors could stay in character plus remember their lines. I've been on that stage a couple of different times when there was a bat. Fun times....not!
"Screamed"??? I'd STILL be screaming!!!!!! Bloody murder!!!!!! What is the deal with WI & bats?
Old 07-29-2012, 11:40 PM

LOL I do this, too! I'll just keep washing out the same cup and reusing it. I have one "over-sized" cup, my son gave me. LOVE that cup and it's the one I almost always use!
OK... speaking of cups... I don't drink out of a special one (since I drink Dr. Pepper out of the can 24/7... the reminds me, I'm getting low right about now) but I do have a special thread cup that sits by my sewing & I only empty it when it's full to the brim. In fact, my grown DD likes to empty it when she comes home to visit. She likes to look at all the color layers of thread. Yep, it's a cheap McDonald's cup that I'd had since the year one but I love it & cannot sew without it by me!
Old 07-29-2012, 11:40 PM

Unless you're flailing about, confusing it, a bat will do its best to avoid touching you.
So I was bucking around in my bed when I woke up with one looking me in the face?!?!