Quirky Habits

Old 07-29-2012, 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by Neesie
I have "good" towels and washcloths, for company.
I used to have "good" slippers but kept "borrowing" them, when my others were wet or needed washing. Eventually, the "good" ones were no longer good.
Used to have a "good" kitchen sponge, as well. The "good" sponge was only used for dishes, with no food on them.
I was just thinking of something along these lines earlier today. My Mother also had good slippers. When they got worn, they become her everyday "easy shoes" (what DH calls slippers). When they got really ratty, the became shoes to wear out in the yard!
Old 07-29-2012, 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by Mousie
ROFLMBOFFFF!!!!
your so funny
(down here a bo-bo is not the same thing as what you'd be kicking!...my niece told me! )
I learned "bo-bo" from a friend of mine who was an RN & taught nursing students. She could say all the various parts of the human form except "buttocks" (or something equally medical for that area). So she said "bo-bo"! To her students! In anatomy class! Too funny! So we still say "bo-bo". Hey, that's a thread I should start... weird stuff we say or call things.
Old 07-29-2012, 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by Mousie
a bat with phobias.
No wonder they say "crazy as a bat", or he's got bats in his belfry.
hmmm, think those same bats quilt??? (I mean they got 'quirks' )
And their name is a quilting item (OK, spelled with 2 t's, but still...)...
Old 07-29-2012, 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by Jan in VA
Yep. And the closet door absolutely closed tight. But the darker the room is, the better I sleep.
I also have to sleep with ....count them....5 pillows (well, three are small ones).

Jan in VA
Oh yes! The closet has to be closed tight as a drum! But I have to have a small light on (who knows? A bat might come in!). And 3 (big) pillows!
Old 07-30-2012, 05:46 AM

Originally Posted by burchquilts
So I was bucking around in my bed when I woke up with one looking me in the face?!?!
You were being too still! He was just checking, to make sure you were okay!
Old 07-30-2012, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by Neesie
You were being too still! He was just checking, to make sure you were okay!
Wow! Bats ARE helpful then... not only do they eat skeeters but they are minders... LOL!
Old 07-30-2012, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by burchquilts
Wow! Bats ARE helpful then... not only do they eat skeeters but they are minders... LOL!
He may have been saving you, from a gigantic mosquito. It could happen.
Old 07-30-2012, 06:10 PM

I have to pluck my eyebrows (and let's face it, chin whiskers) every day. I'm compulsive about it.
I have to listen to West Wing episodes on my iPod to go to sleep.
I don't count things, but sometimes I will spell things in my head endlessly. Different words, not the same word over and over again. This actually gets annoying, I get to the point where I force myself to stop.
When we visit my MIL, I tip all the pictures on her walls just a teeny bit, so they're not square. I also rearrange the eggs in the fridge so there's gaps in between. Both of these drive her nuts. We LOVE to harass each other, lol!

My mom cannot eat cold cereal with milk, she has to use juice. YUK.
When my brother was a small child, he had a bizarre bedtime ritual - he would get on all fours in the bed and rock back and forth, banging his head on the wall. He did this every night for years.
Years ago I had a boyfriend who was anal about his laundry; he had to fold all of his pants so the seams were aligned and there was a crease down the front, then he would put them in the washer and start it. When the washer was done, he'd take the pants out and fold them AGAIN, put them in the dryer and start it.
When my DH gets out of the shower, he takes the mask section off his CPAP machine and uses the hose to blow his nether regions dry. I find this highly entertaining.
Old 07-30-2012, 06:22 PM

Peckish, your spelling thing reminds me of my "typing". Way too often, when I think something, I type it. I actually think of my fingers on a keyboard typing out my thoughts letter by letter. I have done this since typing classes in high school. Ooh, just realized I sometimes do this with what I am reading too. He dries himself with his cpap? hahahahaha! I have heard of head bangers. A friend while growing up did that too.
Old 07-30-2012, 07:00 PM

He uses the towel to dry off, but has to finish "Big Jim and the Twins" with the blower from the CPAP. I cannot figure it out. It's nothing sexual or titillating, he claims he just doesn't feel dry unless he's blown dry. I've offered powder, but he refuses - too feminine, I guess. Sure is funny to watch, though!

My dog had some bizarre habits and rituals. He absolutely had to be wearing his leash any time he went out into our backyard, which was fenced. So I'd put it on him, then take it off once he got out, so he wouldn't drag it into his messes. When he decided it was time to come back in, he'd stand at the wide-open door and bark at me. I'd put his leash back on him and he'd walk right in.