Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Read any good books lately? >
  • Read any good books lately?

• Read any good books lately?

Old 03-19-2010, 04:57 PM

[quote=mamatobugboo]The Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon - series of 7 books, you will NOT be able to put them down once you start. EXTREMELY well written, fun, you will fall in love with the main male character, sexy....really doesn't get much better in terms of pure fiction than this!!

I just finished the seventh book in the Outlander series and I loved it. The first book had me hooked. It is the only book I have ever read where the MAN was the virgin!! I love historical romance novels.
    Old 03-19-2010, 06:00 PM

How about quilters fiction?

I read "Sarah's Quilt: A Novel of Sarah Agnes Prine and the Arizona Territories" by Nancy E. Turner. Nancy also wrote "The Star Garden." That is my next planned read. Just need to send in another order to Amazon.
    Old 03-20-2010, 03:20 PM

Just finished The Book of The Dead by Patricia Cornwell. Now I know why friend who gave it to me didn't want it back,it was very boring in parts because of too much complicated electric/computer stuff going on.

Recent read for my Story Weavers Quilt/Book group was 'Have A Little Faith' by Mitch Albom, I really enjoyed it. Our next book is Alice in Wonderland. I think this will be an interesting read for me because the last time I read it I was about 12 years old. May in Jersey
    Old 03-20-2010, 03:42 PM

I was so surprised no one mentioned Janet Evanovitch's books. Her Stephanie Plum books are so funny!!I also read all of Steven Kings books (waiting for "The Dome" from the library.) Just picked up Dean Koontz's latest "Breathless" today. Just finished Shutter Island and one called "The Girls" about conjoined twins. They were both good. I read a lot and a variety of authors..Thomas Perry's Jane Whitefield books are teriffic!

Ditter
    Old 03-20-2010, 04:58 PM

Oh, I love the Stephanie Plum series - at least, the mysteries. I haven't gotten into the romances. I didn't mention them because I haven't read any lately, that's all.
    Old 03-20-2010, 05:16 PM

[quote=mamatobugboo]
    Originally Posted by booklady
    Originally Posted by mamatobugboo
    The Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon - series of 7 books, you will NOT be able to put them down once you start. EXTREMELY well written, fun, you will fall in love with the main male character, sexy....really doesn't get much better in terms of pure fiction than this!!

ONE OF MY ALL TIME FAVORITES !!!!! I read up to #5, then had to wait for the next one and lost track. Now it's up to 7 and I'll need to start at the beginning to get back in the groove and keep everyone straight! But that is definitely NOT a problem!
    ESPECIALLY when you get to meet and swoon over Jamie again!!
    God, I love Jaime!
    Those of you who have finished Echo in the Bones, did you like it?? I am so back and forth on it!!! I loved, and have read repeatedly the first 6 books. This one....eeh.

Lets see.
    Favorite book, Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams
    Then Diana Gabaldon, Ann Rice, (just read her book on Jesus as a child), Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Janet Evanovich, (Can't get enough Ranger!!!) JD Robb (loving some Roarke!) Twilight series was good too, Robin D Owens if you like Paranormal romance,
    Pamela Clare, Lisa Kleypas for romance...Sherilyn Kenyon for Paranormal...
    Old 03-20-2010, 07:44 PM

You should read Winter Garden by Kristin Hannah. Great book.
    Old 03-20-2010, 08:16 PM

For all you Jamie and Claire fans, I found a quilt pattern for each of them :) really there is a pattern book that has quilts for the books. Just thought I'd pass this on. Can't wait to curl up with Jamie. When I was in Scotland, my husband thought I was nuts, when I was walking the Royal Mile with Jamie.
    Old 03-21-2010, 03:00 AM

Originally Posted by Ditter43
    I was so surprised no one mentioned Janet Evanovitch's books. Her Stephanie Plum books are so funny!!I also read all of Steven Kings books (waiting for "The Dome" from the library.) Just picked up Dean Koontz's latest "Breathless" today. Just finished Shutter Island and one called "The Girls" about conjoined twins. They were both good. I read a lot and a variety of authors..Thomas Perry's Jane Whitefield books are teriffic!

Ditter
    I memtioned Janet Evanovich's books. I love the Numbers. I just finished Plum Spooky. My DH usually knows when I'm reading them bc I can't control my laughter. Wish she would clean up the lanugage.
    Old 03-21-2010, 05:16 AM

Originally Posted by Olivia's Grammy
    Originally Posted by Ditter43

Ditter
    I memtioned Janet Evanovich's books. I love the Numbers. I just finished Plum Spooky. My DH usually knows when I'm reading them bc I can't control my laughter. Wish she would clean up the lanugage.
    Ah, Janet Evanovich!!! I have a love/hate relationship with her!!! I actually started writing my own stories because of her!! (but if JE's language is bothersome, mine would twist your socks@)