Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • really feel like I'm loosing it. >
  • really feel like I'm loosing it.

• really feel like I'm loosing it.

Old 03-18-2011, 11:16 AM

Thank God for On-Star. It saved the day and is truly amazing.
    Old 03-18-2011, 11:57 AM

I locked my keys in the trunk one summer. Had my son drive to the store with the spare set. When he got there I remembered that i had a spare door key behind my license plate. Boy did I feel like an idiot. left keys in trunk...forgot where I hid spare key!!!!!!!!!!!
    The former owner of my car had drilled out the center of the key so that screw fit thur the center and put it behind the plate. Lots of time a quarter can be used as a screwdriver to get the plate off. The next time I did that I did remember where the keys was :oops:
    Old 03-18-2011, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by feline fanatic
    Since getting a car that has the lock thingy in the key fob I have not done it. But once I was loading grocerys and had set my keys down inside the trunk (rest of car was still locked). Yup, you guessed it, shut the trunk door with keys inside.
    Yep, I did the very same thing! Had to call my daughter to come with the spare key. She only had to drive 8 miles...
    Old 03-18-2011, 12:07 PM

I did that too only I left my purse in the car so I had no money or phone. I had to walk a couple of miles home carrying my groceries because I didn't notice it until I came out of the store. Oh, it also was raining.
    Old 03-18-2011, 12:53 PM

Lots of times I've had incidents with keys. All within the last year. We got a new car last year. I only had it about two weeks when I couldn't find the set of keys I use. I looked everywhere, no keys. Since I had a doctor appointment that morning I used the spare set. While I was waiting in the exam room, I realized where the keys were. The doc walked in and I burst out crying. Background info. DH was going through cancer treatment, Mother was ill, me also. We had been staying at Mother's some. Very stressful. Doctor asked what's wrong and I told him I had thrown my car keys away. Yep, that's what I did. Remembered it distinctly. I had come in with trash in my hand and the keys. Threw them all away the night before and the trash had been picked up that AM. Costly experience. All caused by stress.

After DH died last July, we were going through many sets of keys trying to match them up with whatever. Locked the file that our genealogy papers are in and couldn't find the key. So last month, I managed to get the number off the file and have two keys made. So what did I find yesterday? Right, the missing key.

Last summer, stepson lost the spare key to the riding mower. So yesterday I got two from the locksmith here in town. I'm not taking a chance.

The locksmith probably knows me by sight. Thinks here comes the lady who keeps me in business.

I've only locked my keys up once, years ago. I'm usually very careful about that and make sure I have them in hand.
    Old 03-18-2011, 01:37 PM

yes. that is why i always use my key to lock the door. its safer that way for me.
    Old 03-18-2011, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by pugmom
    O.K. but what about your co-workers? Did none of them notice the car was still running as you left the vehicle? I say it is all THEIR fault! They probably put too much stress on you.
    I'd go with this one and stick to it! :) The last time I locked my keys in the car I think I had to work at it! My car sounds an alarm if the door is opened while the keys are in the ignition. I took my keys out and laid them on the console. But luckily I have a car with an outside key pad to open the door. Could I remember the code? Of course not. Called DH, he has it written down in his billfold. Oh boy. (:
    Old 03-18-2011, 02:18 PM

Not me so much but, Hubby likes to lock the keys in the car. The last time was in a parking lot at Walmart, we had a full size van and a back window was open alittle. He ripped off the screen and pushed me thru the window. NOW I always carry my own set of keys, and yes he has locked us out several times. I feel so smug when I can pull out my set and open the door. hehehe
    Old 03-18-2011, 02:29 PM

I worked with a guy who was super intelligent...He was in Mensa. But Dumb as a rock when it came to common sense and attention span. He took his kids to downtown Fort Worth to Red Goose shoes and drove off without them....wife had to go get them. He also picked up his lawn mower last week that was in the shop. I'm surprised it was still there. He said the owner didn't have his phone number so he kept it in storage. 5 years! All of us that worked in the newsroom used to make sure that one of us went out with him on stories....we were afraid he wouldn't come back. Brilliant, award winning reporter, but NO COMMON SENSE!
    D IN tx
    Old 03-18-2011, 02:33 PM

Oh my! We all have done things like this. I was looking for my cell phone while I was talking on it. LOL