Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • really feel like I'm loosing it. >
  • really feel like I'm loosing it.

• really feel like I'm loosing it.

Old 03-18-2011, 03:12 PM

I not only have done the exact same thing, but we were going on a road trip. I rode with someone else. I left my car running with the air on ( summer), and had parked it on the Walmart parking lot. we were gone from 8am til about 4pm. Did I feel stupid. My "buddies" have not let me forget it...and I was not 60 yet.
    Old 03-18-2011, 03:29 PM

I didn't, my hubby did. It was the pickup and at the time I wasn't carrying a key for the truck on my keychain. I made him get an extra key for me to carry after that, since this was the third time he'd locked himself out (first time leaving it running though).
    Old 03-18-2011, 04:48 PM

I did the same thing when I was only in my 30's so don't feel it is age related. I left the car running, with the AC on full blast. OY!
    My husband didn't let me live this down for a long time.
    Old 03-18-2011, 05:19 PM

Sounds familiar to me. My husband did that once and he walked home in the snow to get another set of keys. HE WAS NOT going to pay someone to unlock it.
    Old 03-18-2011, 05:48 PM

You are not alone! I also left my child in the car and he
    thought that it was so funny trying to get him to open the door.
    Old 03-18-2011, 05:59 PM

I did that once and left my car in an underground parking garage. Didn't even realize it until the attendant phoned my office. I was only in my 40's at the time so I don't think it was age-related. Sometimes, you just have too much going on at once.
    Old 03-18-2011, 06:04 PM

Left work one day to go to a funeral in the next town. Felt my pocket to make sure my keys were there and locked and shut the door. Went in to the funeral, had to leave before it was over to get back to work right away (cashier in school cafeteria with nobody to back me up, reached in my pocket and pulled out the keys to the school. Looked in the window of my car and there in the ignition are my keys, on the seat is my purse and right next to it my cell phone. A lady I knew came out and said she'd drive me to the police station so I could get them to come help. They said they no longer do that as they could damage someone's car and then get sued. So the lady drives me to my house to get my spare set and I realize I can't get in the house because my house key is on the key ring locked in the car. The lady says she can drive me to my brother's so I can get my spare house key from him and go back to my house to get the spare car keys. Brother's not home, so luckily I knew the code to get into his house, but my house key isn't where it usually is. So the lady takes me and drops me off at work and I work the lunch periods and then go back to my office and there's a message from the police department in the next town that they decided to go ahead and unlock my car, but since I wasn't there they opened the car, took the keys back to the police station and I had to go there to pick them up. Said to make sure I had photo id to get the keys. DUH photo id is in the car in the purse I'd locked in the car. Tried explaining that to the police officer who had my keys and he's standing there laughing which instantly made me mad and then realized he's pointing to my school ID badge with my picture on it. What a long day.
    Old 03-18-2011, 06:06 PM

Yes ... I've done it .... TWICE.

I was parked at the train station, it was winter so I stayed in the car with heater running, reading a book, waiting for the train. When it came I put book mark in book, gathered my stuff and got on board. Fast forward after an 8 hour day ... ride home on the train, approaching my stop, can't find car keys. Get off train still digging in purse for keys. Found Mr. Police Officer standing next to my car (they always met our trains!) LAUGHING HIS BUTT OFF!! And yes ... my car was STILL running becuase I had just filled the tank that morning.

Another time (same car actually) I got in car, started it up, discovered bee in car. Jumped out and my fingers automatically hit the lock button and for some dumb reason I shut the door (like - how the heck was the bee going to get out with the door shut dummy!).

both of those incidents were many years, and many cars in my past.
    Old 03-18-2011, 06:33 PM

It must be something with this age 62......I have been doing the weirdest things lately and no clue as to why! I even spent time looking in the refrigerator for the broom and dustpan....just to give you an example.
    Old 03-18-2011, 06:40 PM

I was alot younger than you when I first filled up the tank of gas, stopped at the Post Office in a rain storm, with the motor running, jumped out to mail a letter at the box on the corner, ran back to find the door shut and locked...motor still running...finally find a young(very young) policeman, explain the problem to him, and he first asked me how I could prove the car was mine, but of course, my purse with all of my ID was still in the car...what a morning that was...lol