Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • RECENTLY LOCKED USERS (UPDATED) >
  • RECENTLY LOCKED USERS (UPDATED)

• RECENTLY LOCKED USERS (UPDATED)

Old 01-24-2009, 10:20 AM

Same here, Ruth, I know nothing about what went on :!:
    Old 01-24-2009, 02:25 PM

barnbum do you have photoshop atleast 7? or painshop pro?
    you can make your own watermark as simple as your name or nick. If you need help I can send you a link to a site that will walk you through making your watermark.
    I have an embeded watermark that I can bring out if there is an issue with copywrite.

As for the rest I saw some of what happened but I dont know the whole story so I will reserve judgement. Admin did as he felt was nessary to preserve the board and I will support his decision. I am learning in real world there is alot going on behind the scenes that I dont know and I need to hold my tounge and judgement.
    Old 01-24-2009, 02:35 PM

MsSage--I do have PS7--and have tried the watermarks--just haven't worked out which to use. It's a bit complicated. I will definitely be using them anywhere I post photos, but to be honest, it's easier to just not post the "good" ones.

All I know is part of our family is gone because they felt they needed to protect what is theirs... and that some who had many deleted posts are still here. Those who deleted love(d) this place as much as we do.

I'm a busy woman--I don't have a lot of time to worry about forum issues, but after seeing the trouble forums could have on the horse forum--I found this trouble free place refreshing. In addition, I understand I could just as easily have been banned for removing photos, and wondered how I felt about that. I didn't want to just agree with whomever--I wanted to uncover the facts.

I just want to know...we're family.
    Old 01-24-2009, 03:50 PM

Egads... thank God I am too tech stupid to be doing deleting and editing :) :) :) :) :) :) See... my theory is held up again- God does bless idiots hahahahahaha....
    Old 01-24-2009, 06:24 PM

Wow...I guess a lot has happened since I've been away...
    Old 01-24-2009, 08:55 PM

Wow!!! I don't know what I missed, but I'm glad it's cleared up. I can bearly add pictures to a post. Some people abuseing the forum, well at least I know why I was confused by a couple posts.
    Thank you for all of your hard work.
    Old 01-24-2009, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by Admin
    Just a suggestion for the swaps, would it be possible for the person hosting the swap to contact Patrice to make any edits or updates that need to be announced?
    I'm thinking about setting up some sort of an exception for people organizing the swaps. So that those people would be able to edit their posts.
    Ah, yes. I'm among the worst at editing for typos and such after a post has been already made. I've read your response to that in an earlier post. Someone else pointed out we should use the "Preview" button first. Excellent idea.
    I am only kinda lost, but in another sense, if we don't know, it probably doesn't concern directly.

OK...I'm one of the swap-hosters this would/could concern. From more of the posts that have been made, I THINK this has been settled for swap-hosters. HOPEFULLY. IF not, the easiest solution for when swap partners are assigned, is for a new thread. It can be looked at from different angles. Just because things have to be done differently don't mean they are wrong. Could turn out for the better sometimes. ?? Either way, K, thanks for all that you do. As many have said before, this board has been a blessing to me. I've made so many needed friends here. There are many thanks due, also, to many, many more members. You all know who you are. ;)

And, K, thanks for finally posting a photo of yourself! You were so mysterious there for a while! I see why you might've been reluctant to do so, as you didn't want all these quilters throwing their, ah, "threads" on-stage to you! LOL! Kinda Rob Lowe-ish, I think, and that is a mighty fine compliment! :D

SORRY there was any problem to begin with, but I always try to look on the positive side....it's a happy place to be!
    Old 01-25-2009, 04:04 AM
    Administrator

the easiest solution to an editing need is to send me a pm. i handle all requests within 24 hours. faster if they're waiting for me when i get up in the morning. :-)

i'll risk beating the poor dead horse by pointing out ONCE AGAIN that EVERY one of the worst posts [now deleted, of course] about copyright issues were from new or newish members accusing Admin of some devious plot to steal their work to sell as his own. THAT WAS NEVER EVER GOING TO HAPPEN. I tried to tell them that. Shadow tried to tell them that. Admin tried to tell them that.

Instead of calming down and shutting up about it, they continued their reckless slander and disruption of threads by editing out their posts, spewing their unfounded and hateful remarks in chats, and generally doing everything they could to keep the turmoil going. I've been with the board since the beginning. I have never seen things get so ugly so fast, and for so long. That's why those very few are still banned, and that is why I hope they are never allowed back.

All anybody ever has to do is ask beforehand if they're unsure whether or not they should share something.

And, for the record, an ironic fact is that I was the first person ever to get my wrist slapped for an accidental copyright violation. I took the time to do a little research so I'd know how to avoid it from that day on. It was that simple to fix. :?

can we please now put this baby to bed and get back to the friendly fun?

Old 01-25-2009, 04:08 AM

I know this is true PatriceJ has helped me out more than once....:-) Thank you Patrice
    Old 01-25-2009, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by Admin
    Over 2,000 posts were lost in total because of the topics that ended up with "deleted" all over them.
    Is that why, when I go to look at older messages posted (for even myself!) there are pages missing? Or are they just deleted to save space on what I am sure is a very busy server?