relations

Old 05-27-2011, 10:05 AM

[quote=ckcowl]i certainly consider all of my husbands neices and nephews mine also-- we are a family-
he claims mine too- they call us both aunt and uncle...
to me what you are (implying) is that you do not claim them- they are not related to you--kind of sad-
-------------------------------------
I have some family that I do not claim, and they are blood relatives. On the other hand, my DH treated my two by first husband equal to his 3. And I have the best of step kids ever. Loved his sweet Portuguese mother, she was a role model I hope to equal.

I think it should be on a person's own actions if you accept them or not. Some will be nice, some nasty, some distant but polite, some will steal anything that can be carried away easily. Depends on the person.
Old 05-27-2011, 10:47 AM

"give her a break"

Just so you know, Hosta is a man.
Old 05-27-2011, 10:57 AM

For medical purposes, no, my husband's neices and nephew are not directly related to me.

In all other circumstances they are fully related to me. No -inlaw or other qualifications - they're just like my sister's kids are to me.
Old 05-27-2011, 02:12 PM

when did I become a man?
Old 05-27-2011, 03:27 PM

Hosta in regards to your question about marrying your half sibling, I would say my choice would be a quick annulment and then a lot of counsling because of all the issues that will come up from the relationship. Unknowingly it would still I believe be considered incest and I know a lot of people could not handle it.
My husbands, mothers family is that way. Two of her brothers married sisters, one of the sisters had children before she married one of the brothers. Her son, his step son married my husbands sister. So her mothers brother, was her uncle and her step father-in-law. Which made their kidds not only grandkids but also great neice/nephew. Confused yet? It's like that song "I'm My Own Grandpa" :-)
Old 05-27-2011, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by Hosta
when did I become a man?
lol!