Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Remember the eggs you look in to! >
  • Remember the eggs you look in to!

• Remember the eggs you look in to!

Old 04-17-2011, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by momcpo
    I remember those, they were beautiful. The Govt probably thought they had too much sugar and were bad for us and banned them.
    hahaha...this really made me laugh!!
    Old 04-17-2011, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by debbieumphress
    Now I have to check them out. Anything the gov't thinks has too much sugar is right up my alley. LOL. Thanks for sharing. I can't find the original easter eggs marshmallow anywhere close to me. SO sad. LOL I can look at the picture though. They are like large jelly beans. Except with Marshmallow inside.
    YUM!!! Love marshmellow eggs! One year my mom sent me a chocolate covered marshmellow bunny in the mail... in am envelope!!! WHAT WAS SHE THINKING!!!? It came all smooshed. Of course, I ate it anyway and I teased my mom about it for years. Now I just wish she was still here. She's been gone for 2 years now... cancer. : (
    Old 04-17-2011, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by DoxieMom
    If you have a World Market near you, they sell them there. "Spun Sugar Panoramic Eggs" $1.99 each (according to the flyer that came with this morning's paper).

Originally Posted by sewingsuz
    That was my favorite thing about easter and I never had one. They were not to eat. they were white surgar stuff and decorated with frosting or something hard. There was a round hole at the end and you would look in there and there was some Easter scene. what happened to them?
    Ah, that's where I saw them. In the flyer. I knew I had just seen them somewhere!
    Old 04-17-2011, 04:43 PM

I made some many years ago. Brought back some memories. They were not hard to make, we did them in a cake decorating class.
    Old 04-17-2011, 05:41 PM

There was a lady at church that made them every year. When she worked with the youth (10 year olds), she would have them go to her house & taught them how to do them. My daughter had hers until she moved out of the house.
    Old 04-17-2011, 06:09 PM

My aunt use to make them. She had molds she used, but I'm not sure how she did them. She also decorated cakes. Thanks for the memories of long ago.
    Old 04-17-2011, 06:14 PM

I got some a few years back at Walmart and just last week I some them at a candy store in Manhattan.
    Old 04-17-2011, 07:07 PM

they aren't that hard to make. It's sugar and a tiny bit of water. Pack ito an egg mold and flip out,slice one side to make a flat side-will be the window- then set on a tray to dry(flat side down). Let a crust form( may take several hours to a day) then carefully remove the soft sugar inside. The trick is to get a thin shell without breaking it. That's where i fail but DD got quite good at it. add your icing border to the open window and put a little figure inside. There used be instructions in Wilton's decorating books I think.
    Old 04-17-2011, 07:42 PM

I still make them, but I do them with plastic eggs. I use a wood burning tool ro cut an oval our of the plastic egg, after gluing the two pieces together. Then I use atificial turf to glue on the botton of the egg inside, I add little bunnies and miniature flower posts with mini flowers, little tiny plastic eggs. I add bushes from the folliage in artificial flowers. I seal the window by adding a piece of clear vynal and then I decorate the outside with lace and ribbon. My husband makes me a stand to set them up on.
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-185792.jpe   attachment-185793.jpe   attachment-185794.jpe  
    Old 04-17-2011, 08:25 PM

those are so pretty!