Repetitious Topics

Old 05-23-2018, 11:21 AM

Just yesterday, Seazteddy post a topic on big stitch quilting thatlet me see a video o the subject that made the technique much easier than I thought it would be.
Old 05-23-2018, 01:25 PM

I don't mind the repetitious questions, but often if I've posted a detailed post about it in the past, I was not going to take the time to retype it all.

It takes a lot of time to answer a post in detail, so also don't mind someone saying it would be good to search for answers already there.
Old 05-23-2018, 02:11 PM
Power Poster

If someone knows the link to a detailed answer, I appreciate getting the link.

Sometimes I know what I want answered, buy I can't come up with the right words to put in the search box. Or the search does not give me an "easy to find" answer.
Old 05-23-2018, 03:57 PM

Doesn't bother me at all.
Old 05-23-2018, 04:16 PM

And, as a newbie, you might not have the right words to create the 'right' search.
Old 05-23-2018, 05:52 PM
Power Poster

I don't mind repetition asking questions for help. It does seem some don't want to or try to find answers on their own. Always easier if someone else finds the answers for them.

It is irritating also when the poster has stated something in the post and lots don't bother to read it and just jumps on to hurry to post and ask the question that was already given.
Old 05-23-2018, 10:15 PM

It just does not bother me. If I read a post, I read all answers. I like learning how/what works for others. I like that it affords me the opportunity to try something new, or understand something that has caused me difficulty in the past. Someone asks a question, searching for an answer. Responders give an answer, add a link, or reference a previous post for additional information. I would ask..how would someone new know what had been previously discussed? I think there are many of us (like me) who can barely turn my computer on, much less navigate a search function. I hope that everyone feels comfortable asking a question, or seeking advice. There are so many knowledgeable, informative people on this board that make it a friendly warm place to visit. I have learned so many valuable tips/techniques/ideas here, and repetition is one learning skill I use a lot...over and over and over until I have that light bulb moment!
Old 05-24-2018, 04:00 AM

I love this board and the information it provides for newbies. As an "old" quilter, I do not mind seeing some topics over and over again; we were all beginners once.
Old 05-24-2018, 04:05 AM

I don't mind those questions, either. I just wish this help site had been available many, many years ago.
Old 05-24-2018, 04:13 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
It always irritates me when someone asks an innocent question and somebody tells them that it has been discussed before so go use the search engine. Grrrr.... This is a discussion board. Old discussions are sometimes outdated, such as the topic of glue basting. There's new info that wasn't around two or three years ago when the old threads ran. Besides that, I just find this practice rude. If you don't want to answer a question, don't answer.

There's always new info, new perspectives, and new people on the board. Keep it friendly!
Yes that’s true. There are newbies joining every day and I need to read things over and over especially if a method has changed. However, the thing I don’t like is, I don’t hav3 5hat much time to read thru the general long lists of posts and like to go to this page to get a little bit of what is being said and pictures posted, but why do they repeat just the day before s posts and they take up half of the current days posts.