Repetitious Topics

Old 05-24-2018, 04:25 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
It always irritates me when someone asks an innocent question and somebody tells them that it has been discussed before so go use the search engine. Grrrr.... This is a discussion board. Old discussions are sometimes outdated, such as the topic of glue basting. There's new info that wasn't around two or three years ago when the old threads ran. Besides that, I just find this practice rude. If you don't want to answer a question, don't answer.

There's always new info, new perspectives, and new people on the board. Keep it friendly!
i glue baste all the time - what is outdated? When I suggest the search engine I have already done that and have listed a bunch of links from the search engine as a start. I know people like to have a discussion but sometimes the question is so straightforward it can be answered for the poster with a simple google search that they can do.
Old 05-24-2018, 05:24 AM

Google every question eliminates the need for a forum. No talk.
Old 05-24-2018, 07:58 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by KalamaQuilts
Google every question eliminates the need for a forum. No talk.
Generally speaking, yes, but I'm referring to someone who asks just a question that doesn't require discussion. Such as "what is a spool?" Google to see first, at least in my opinion, and then with some information can start a discussion on spools.
Old 05-24-2018, 11:50 AM

I always wish to help new quilters and know someone new to the board does not know everything that has been ask in the past. I think how very lucky new quilters have this place with so many wonderful quilters on hand to help. When I started quilting years ago I had no one to help when I had a problem, I had to work it out for myself and I know I made every mistake that can ever be made while I was learning and still do sometime. So lucky to have this wonderful place so handy.
Old 05-26-2018, 04:02 AM
Power Poster

I started quilting before the internet. I don't know how I managed to learn anything!!!!!!
Old 05-26-2018, 06:05 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by SusieQOH
I started quilting before the internet. I don't know how I managed to learn anything!!!!!!
Books and magazines have/had been around for a long time!
Old 05-26-2018, 02:02 PM
Power Poster

Very true, Bear. As I wrote my response I remembered all the books and mags I used to buy!