Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • As Requested--Smoky's Kittens >
  • As Requested--Smoky's Kittens

• As Requested--Smoky's Kittens

Old 05-23-2009, 09:58 AM

Location: Originally from NY, now retired in Argentina. Miss the USA!!! :-(

Originally Posted by Boston1954
    Thanks so much! I will tell Jim what you said. Yes, he loves them. He had told me many times, "If we had 19 acres and loads of money, it would be Fulton's Farm." It's funny how things work out. I thought I would not have to give Smoky her "Kitty Hysterectomy" until she was a year old. She actually had her babies 5 days before her own birthday. She will see the Vet when the babies are weaned. Then They will go in when they are about 6 months old.

I love calicos too. We had one when I was a teen. Her name was Callie also. Cloud was the first one to get a name. The second I saw him, I thought he looks like a cloud. Mohawk was second. I have never seen a black and tan cat before. They are a delight to watch. Jim has a laser pointer, and the other night we had them all chasing the red dot across the floor. Better than television, and no commercials!
    I had a black and tan calico just like your baby Mohawk. I loved that cat, saved her from inside a storm drain. You could hear her crying from a block away, named her Peanut cause she was so small.
    My cats always loved the lazer pointer, you are right, it is better then watching TV. They are hysterical.
    My last cat was a tortise shell siamese, Mesha. I lost her a couple of years ago while I was visiting my son, DDIL and grandsons in NY. My husband called me to tell me. She was 17 years old and my baby but she did not suffer. She came in from sassing the dogs out back. She loved to talk, in that siamese yowl and she was the boss. Then when she got in the bedroom she dropped dead of a heartattack at my husband's feet. She was his pal to, and he adored her. She use to get under the covers and turn around and sleep with her head between his underarm. I have not gotten another one since. Have 3 dogs now and adore them but it is not the same as having a kitty. You are blessed to have them