rich & famous?

Old 05-31-2010, 05:11 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Blue Bell
How did you come up with their picture so quickly? You are THE picture queen!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-76397.jpe  
Old 05-31-2010, 05:13 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by susie0808
Dh and I went to the city to see Dinner Theatre on Broadway. John Ritter and Henry Winkler were in this show. We arrived at the theatre early so we waited out side the doors. Henry Winkler walked right up to us and introduced himself.We chatted for a few minutes then he shook our hands. Such a sweet man. Very personable, friendly and down to earth. Not at all what I expected. Was always a fan but after meeting him most definately a huge fan now. Great guy!
OMG!!! You met the Fonz!!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-76398.jpe  
Old 05-31-2010, 05:23 PM

OOOOH! I got one- Jay McCarroll grew up down the road from me! I did a closing for his sister a couple of months ago.

(P.S. He did the costumes for the color guard for band- the whole family was in the school band.)

So I didn't meet him- but I know his family.
Old 05-31-2010, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by susie0808
Dh and I went to the city to see Dinner Theatre on Broadway. John Ritter and Henry Winkler were in this show. We arrived at the theatre early so we waited out side the doors. Henry Winkler walked right up to us and introduced himself.We chatted for a few minutes then he shook our hands. Such a sweet man. Very personable, friendly and down to earth. Not at all what I expected. Was always a fan but after meeting him most definately a huge fan now. Great guy!
I remember meeting Henry Winkler on a street in NYC about 20 years ago...we were stopped at a corner, otherwise I wouldn't have said anything (you ignore celebrities in NYC...I once was walking down near 14th St and Susan Sarandan and Tim Robbins were having a "talk" out on the sidewalk...it looked pretty intense, you just keep moving!! LOL)

Johnny Kelly lived in my apartment building for years...it was so sad/ funny when all the young teenaged boys found out and started wanting to hang around our steps with my DD...she didn't realize they were hoping to meet him (a drummer from a heavy metal band, Type O Negative)
Old 05-31-2010, 06:44 PM
Google Goddess

I met some famous race car drivers at Indianapolis 500 in the pits, was fun

AJ Foyt and others
Old 05-31-2010, 06:57 PM

As a kid I met Troy Donahue but by then he was getting quite a bit of age on him and wasn't cute anymore. I've also met: Donna Fargo, Jerry Reed, Gene Watson, Red Sovine, and Minnie Pearl. Jerry Reed was a tiny little man but a great kisser, one of those toe curling kissers. But the best of all was when, at 16 yrs old, I got to ride in an elevator with none other than the great Kathrine Hepburn. I met Judy Martin a few months ago and on June 6th I get to meet Carol Doak at Threads of Time Fabrics in Danville, Il. Oh, I met Dave Wanstat (sp?) coach of the Chicago Bears once and had my pix taken with him. Doug Wilson, the decorator on tv, worked for me for awhile when he was attending the Univ. of Il. And I used to party with Asleep At The Wheel whenever they were playing in Champaign which was about every 6 weeks 30 some years ago. Ray slobbered when he drank too much. And I've met Eleanor Burns.
Old 05-31-2010, 07:34 PM

someone mentioned a writer, which reminded me of John Updike
his father was a substitute teacher at our school & he really was a character...[both John Updike's parents were teachers] He always referred to his son's writings as "those dirty books!"
Old 05-31-2010, 08:28 PM

Met Charleton Heston in a key shop. I was flabbergasted and just stood there (probably open mouthed). He smiled, said "Hi" and started a conversation with me. Very pleasant, and very handsome.

Chad Everett grew up in the house behind me.

Went to Mardi Gras many, many years ago. It was a great trip. I met Al Hirt . He came to my table and played, and came over later and gave me a signed album. And also met Pete Fountain. Met Perry Como at a restaurant. He was very handsome in person and also a very gracious person and easy to talk to.

Met "Doc" Severenson. He sure is short. A rather brisk person and he wasn't even that popular back then.

And met Lawrence Welk one time when he was in Detroit. My mom even got to dance with him. That sure made her night.

WOW - most of the famous people I've met are dead !!!!
Old 05-31-2010, 08:52 PM

I met Willie Nelson on a sidewalk outside his hotel. He talked with a group of us for about 10 minutes, and then posed with us for a group picture. I met The Beach Boys, and have one of Dennis Wilson's drumsticks. Also met the group Sawyer Brown. Then there was the time I was on the same floor in a lodge with Tanya Tucker, and rode down in the elevator with her. She was so 'down to earth' and we were all chatting and laughing with her. Then my DH says his 'claim to fame' was in a restroom at the Sitka, Alaska airport: Walter Cronkite was using the urinal next to him!
He told DH that he was on his yearly fishing trip to Alaska.
Old 05-31-2010, 09:12 PM

Red Skelaton, Darryl Strawberry and Kaye Ballard.