rich & famous?

Old 06-01-2010, 01:02 PM

I used to work at Ceasar's Palace during the late 70's and early 80's as a house keeper, I was only 16 when I started.
I met many people,... it's going to sound like bragging..... okay it probably is... Sammy Davis Jr., Englebert Humperdink, Andy Williams,Charlie Callis ( he was creepy), Bob Hope and his wife, Doris ( they were VERY nice) Redd Foxx, Diana Ross ( NOT nice) Ann Margaret ( NOT nice),Willie Nelson, Cher, Walter Cronkite. I was supposed to be studying for my GED in a state run program ( CETA) and some recruiters came to the class looking for temp housekeepers for 2 different properties on the strip, one was the Jockey Club, a condo building; and Ceasars, I only took the job at Ceasars because I thought my friends in Michigan would be impressed with the name... no one knows about the Jockey Club.... the job was supposed to last 3 weeks; I stayed there for 5 years, then moved to San Diego. Here's the funny part! I am such a 'rube' now that when I see a local celebrity, I'm all 'Guess who I saw today?!?!!)
Old 06-01-2010, 01:09 PM

I met Burt Reynolds years ago at a play he was in.
Old 06-01-2010, 01:20 PM

sounds like you should write a book!!
Old 06-01-2010, 05:16 PM

Oooo - I would have loved to have met Red Skelton and Bob Hope. Add Paul Newman and Charlie Bronson to my "wanna meet" list. But, ah, that time is gone. Darn.
Old 06-02-2010, 07:34 AM
JS

I worked in the local theatre in York,Pa after it was refurbished. The opening act was Ella Fitzgerald. I worked with her and met her family. The nicest people you ever want to meet.Also, Leslie Nielson who wanted to keep my fountain pen (no).Maynard Furgeson and his band (very cool guys).Many others working there. When I was a teen I danced on TV. A show called Grady and Hurst. Like bandstand, only local from Wilm,Del.I met Sal Mineo and his brother. Sal was cute but, his brother cuter and very nice.Andy Williams was just coming on the scene promoting his song Canadian Sunset. He was very,very nice. In fact we got along so well he told me "when I got a little older to look him up and he would marry me". I will never forget Andy. I guess I should have... and then he wouldn't have married that crazy french nut who ended up killing the car racer Spider Savage. Those are the ones who stand out.I met some of the rock and roll singers. Most were just sweethearts. Gina Lollabridgeta was soooo full of herself ugh. They are people just like the rest of us and human nature being what it is you have some really sweet,down to earth and then there are the ones who are legends in their own minds. I have a Celtic backround on my father's side and I go to the Celtic Highland games. I met a balladier named Alec Beaton from Glasgow Scotland now living in the states. VERY NICE. Look out Sean Connery he has it all over you. This one is a friend and a keeper. Also a crazy Irishman named Seamus Kennedy from Ireland. He too lives here on the East coast. What a voice and what a funny friend.
Old 06-02-2010, 07:39 AM
Banned

I ran into (literally) Jimmy Durante at the Delmar Fair (San Diego) when I was very young. Saw Fred Dryer walking down the steet in Manhatten NY. If we count concerts, I have seen Gordon Lightfoot, Bette Midler, Elton John, Paul Anka, and Neil Diamond. I also saw Betty Ford, Ronald Reagan and General Arnold Schwarzkop.
Old 06-02-2010, 08:25 AM
JS

The one person I always wanted to meet and dance with just once was Fred Astair.
Old 06-02-2010, 08:32 AM

I didn't meet him but a brother-in-law sat next to Red Skelton on an airplane once. Red drew a clown on a napkin for him that he still has it framed in his house. He said Red was very nice and funny on their flight. He was a great comedian.
Old 06-02-2010, 08:54 AM

I met Martin Milner when he brought his truck in for service when I worked at the Chevy dealership in Pasadena. He was a really nice guy. Lee Sklar, bass player for Dolly Parton & others, was our GM's nephew. Always had long hair & beard & drove a pickup truck that was navy blue & had "U.S. hAIR FORCE" on the side.
I met Earlene Fowler at a few quilt shows & also when she came to speak at a local library & my guild put a quilt display up behind her. She is a doll, so very nice & easy to talk with. I also am friends with Katsy Chappell, a stand-up comic & actress. She was on the Rosanne show & played Jamie Lee Curtis's best friend on "True Lies". Katsy is a character in Earlene's newest Benni Harper book "State Fair"! I've also met Eleanor Burns, Ricky Tims, Alex Anderson & Jake Finch (editor of Quilter's Home magazine). My guild name tag was in an issue of Quilter's Home & I was quoted in the latest issue (but the quote doesn't say my name) - does that make me famous too? :wink: LOL
Old 06-02-2010, 09:18 AM
Banned

I got to meet Alice Cooper when I was around 17-18? He came out after a concert to sign autographs and talk to everyone. He was so very sweet and not scary in the least.