rich & famous?

Old 06-02-2010, 09:23 AM

Met singer Tom T. Hall and asked if he would let me photograph him with my son... gosh that was about 30 yrs ago! Saw John Travolta in NYC but he looked pretty serious and moving along fast so I didn't even consider speaking to him.

I have lunched with and chatted with a lot of authors... Nora Roberts, LaVyrle Spencer, Susan Elizabeth Phillips, Diana Gabaldon, Jennifer Crusie, Karen Moning, Lori Foster, Karen Harper.. plus a lot of Ohio authors.
Old 06-02-2010, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by burnsk
Met "Doc" Severenson. He sure is short. A rather brisk person and he wasn't even that popular back then.
Correction - it wasn't "Doc", it was Paul Shaffer (from David Letterman's show). He sure was full of himself. Had a full entourage of body guards, big guys. They dwarfed him.
Old 06-02-2010, 10:19 AM

I met Dottie West,and Ronnie Dove. I met Dottie at the Deland Florida fairgrounds and Ronnie Dove at a parade in Winchester,Va.
Old 06-02-2010, 11:10 AM

Ten minutes later and I am still laughing at the Queen! FUNNY X 3!!!
I want to meet Marsye.
Old 06-02-2010, 12:38 PM

i worked for a catering company in orlando fl years (and years) ago, i met martina navratalova (spelling) the tennis player. i saw her several times over the course of the 4 day event, at one point i mentioned that my dad was an avid tennis player & was watching the event in CA. on the last day, she gave me a program from the event signed by all the players for him...he still has that

i also worked a home dinner party, alone, in ocala fl (horse country) i was unloading a heavy cooler of ice out of the van & heard a voice behind me saying, that looks to heavy for a little girl like you ( i used to be anyways) it was jack klugman frm quincy me & the odd couple. i hadn't realized he was a huge horse fan.

he was great, helped load up the van afterwords, his payment, he said for the extra desert he snitched.
Old 06-02-2010, 12:45 PM

i also met roger cook, the gardner guy on this old house... he was very nice & we had a great conversation on how to get rid of japanese knotweed "kill it with lots of round up & don't mow over it, each little pc will root"
Old 06-02-2010, 02:39 PM

I took care of Julia Child's older brother in the hospital in 1999 - what a sweet man. Kept hoping she would visit!

At about the same time, Senator Jeffers (Jeffords? He the Senator from Vermont) was admitted to our floor for surgery. I walked in on the Unit Clerk on the phone, saying "You don't sound like Hillary Clinton to me!!!!" and hung up...the clerk didn't realise there was a U.S. Senator in a room!

My dad sat next to Yo Yo Ma on an airplane. He bought a seat for his cello, so I guess my dad might have been sitting next to the cello. He said that Yo Yo Mas was really nice.
Old 06-02-2010, 03:50 PM

Let's see...I met country singers Johnny Lee, Doug Supernaw, Ray Benson from Asleep at the Wheel, Eddie Rabbitt, Billy Mumy (Will Robinson from Lost in Space), Jean Claude Van Damme made a movie here, but I never met him. Other than that they were all just live in concert meetings, which really doesn't count. Of course,I don't really live in a 'celebrity hot spot'.!
Old 06-02-2010, 03:52 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by quilter68
Ten minutes later and I am still laughing at the Queen! FUNNY X 3!!!
I want to meet Marsye.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-77660.gif  
Old 06-02-2010, 05:28 PM

OH yes . Elvis Presly had my autograph book in his hand reay to sign . (way back 60's) But a securiity guy came along and said this way Mr. Presley. He took my book with him. a few seconds later he tossed it over his shoulder. I guess every person there wanted a piece of that book . IT was ruined . and if he did sign it . those people tore it out :( But i did touch his hand :)