rich & famous?

Old 06-02-2010, 06:08 PM

My father shook hands with Lassie once...or would that be paws? :lol:
Old 06-02-2010, 08:20 PM
Power Poster

I met Robert Hayes (what a jerk) and Gedde Wataombe (he played in Gung Ho) a really sweet guy!

I also met Jerry Van Dykes wife.
Old 06-02-2010, 10:22 PM

i have met many of them my mothers boss used to book bands fo the state Fair and concerts a few are
Beach Boys , Cher, Elvis,RIO Speedwagon, Chicago , Rascal Flatts( won backstage pass to have dinner with them)
Richard Pryor( got on a elevator with him at a hotel we were staying in)(he was short person ) Van halen (my sister met him at a bar where he was drinking after playing in town and she brought him to our table
Old 06-03-2010, 12:11 AM

I met Woody Harrelson, and in our little town of Mapleton, he was visiting the commune in Deadwood.He's really down to earth.
Old 06-03-2010, 03:08 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by lnikkers52
OH yes . Elvis Presly had my autograph book in his hand reay to sign . (way back 60's) But a securiity guy came along and said this way Mr. Presley. He took my book with him. a few seconds later he tossed it over his shoulder. I guess every person there wanted a piece of that book . IT was ruined . and if he did sign it . those people tore it out :( But i did touch his hand :)
OH NO!! Thats sad for you! :cry:
Old 06-03-2010, 03:11 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Teacup
Oh how I loved Lassie! I would rather meet a dog than a movie star anyday! :thumbup:
Attached Thumbnails attachment-77970.jpe  
Old 06-03-2010, 03:50 AM

Originally Posted by penski
i have met many of them my mothers boss used to book bands fo the state Fair and concerts a few are
Beach Boys , Cher, Elvis,RIO Speedwagon, Chicago , Rascal Flatts( won backstage pass to have dinner with them)
Richard Pryor( got on a elevator with him at a hotel we were staying in)(he was short person ) Van halen (my sister met him at a bar where he was drinking after playing in town and she brought him to our table
i would have given my eyeteeth to meet reo speedwagon...they were my favorites in high school....man that was a long time ago!
Old 06-03-2010, 04:05 AM
JJs
Banned

MacKinlay Kantor who wrote Andersonville
Barry Tuckwell - french horn player/conductor
Richard Nixon (our current pres is making him look like a saint)
Spent a weekend at a Rock and Roll weekend with lots of the 'oldies' groups, Chubby Checker (he dyes his hair and picked a woman out of the crowd to "visit" his trailer), Jerry Lee Lewis - he was an as*, Chuck Berry - he was great, whole lot more I can't even remember right now...

Speaking of nurses etc, when I was in ICU my son called - my nurse was told she had a call from Baghdad - she said, "yea right" - until she talked to him of course.
Old 06-03-2010, 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by lorli
I took care of Julia Child's older brother in the hospital in 1999 - what a sweet man. Kept hoping she would visit!
You just reminded me, I talked to Julia Child on the phone once. She was a client of the company I was working for at the time, so I can't discuss the context. I'll only say that I wished we'd had a chance to chat under different circumstances!

So I guess I can say I also met Lisa Lopes - Left Eye of the music group TLC - just when TLC had signed their first contract, before they became famous with their first hit, Creep. Same general idea, she was a client where I was working at the time. In her case, we met twice and had two long conversations. Both times, she was very intense, very high energy, but also very open and caring.

I've known a few other celebs (a major famous vocalist/actress/author, a major league basketball player) before they became famous, would rather not name drop them.

Once in NYC, I was at a farmer's market looking over the eggplant, and the woman next to me commented to me about how nice some other vegetable was that season. I looked up, and I would swear it was Elizabeth Montgomery (Samantha from the Bewitched TV show)! It would have been too gauche to say "You're Elizabeth Montgomery!" so I never confirmed it. We just went on talking about vegetables for a couple of minutes. (No one better post that Elizabeth Montgomery never went to a NYC farmer's market in her entire life; I'd be devastated.)
Old 06-03-2010, 06:37 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by marsye
Originally Posted by Teacup
Oh how I loved Lassie! I would rather meet a dog than a movie star anyday! :thumbup:
I agree. I sometimes say that if a celebrity was across the street, I wouldn't make the trip. Now if it was Lassie, Rin
Tin Tin, or Trigger I would be first in line! :-)