Rolling blackouts

Old 08-05-2011, 05:09 PM

I'm sorry to hear you'll have to go through that. I understand it's pretty hot there. It will be hard without your air conditioning running. Maybe it won't be for a very long period of time when they do it.
Old 08-05-2011, 06:18 PM

I am so sorry about the heat, wow, I would be in trouble with my oxygen and being housebound. Makes me shudder, not really, probably should say sweaty. LOL
Old 08-05-2011, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by debbieumphress
They said on Ch 8 it was for 15 - 45 minutes only. SO time prepare. It's getting bad here and this is the first day.
Hey Debbie! I never noticed that you are in Bluff Dale. I'm in Abilene and get out to Strawn every now and then to go to Mary's. I KNOW you know Mary's!! Best chicken fried steak in the State.
Old 08-05-2011, 07:34 PM

Everyone in all 50 states should realize that rolling brown outs are possible for any reason. All that is necessary is for the electric usage to be equal or greater than the electric production. Sometimes that occurs when an electric plant goes off line perhaps because a coal train didn't arrive on time , or due to high heat or extreme cold. If you have a medical reason why you shouldn't have your electricity turned off for any reason, notify your electric company. They can flag your house in some way so that your electricity won't be cut off during a rolling brown out. They don't want people having a medical crisis because equipment couldn't work. You have to notify them ahead of time.
Old 08-05-2011, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by Abby'smom
it will probably happen to most of us around here with the extreme temps and no rain in the near future!
Wish i could send you guys some of our rain...right now there are two climates in my part of Florida...Hell and soaked.. My thoughts go out to ya'll.
Old 08-05-2011, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by Great-great granny
This was on one of the Austin TV news FB pages tonight from a weatherman:

"Wow...the news just doesn't get any better, does it? Texas A&M State Climatologist John Nielsen-Gammon says not only was July 2011 the hottest month EVER RECORDED in Austin, it was the HOTTEST MONTH ON RECORD FOR TEXAS! And, he proclaimed that this is now OFFICIALLY THE MOST SEVERE ONE-YEAR DROUGHT ON RECORD FOR TEXAS."

It is still 102 where I live no. of Austin & it's 10 PM!!!

THANK EVERYONE WHO IS SENDING PRAYERS FOR SOME RELIEF.
I'm in Round Rock,TX. Its 98 at 11pm!
Old 08-05-2011, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by purplefiend
Originally Posted by Great-great granny
This was on one of the Austin TV news FB pages tonight from a weatherman:

"Wow...the news just doesn't get any better, does it? Texas A&M State Climatologist John Nielsen-Gammon says not only was July 2011 the hottest month EVER RECORDED in Austin, it was the HOTTEST MONTH ON RECORD FOR TEXAS! And, he proclaimed that this is now OFFICIALLY THE MOST SEVERE ONE-YEAR DROUGHT ON RECORD FOR TEXAS."

It is still 102 where I live no. of Austin & it's 10 PM!!!

THANK EVERYONE WHO IS SENDING PRAYERS FOR SOME RELIEF.
I'm in Round Rock,TX. Its 98 at 11pm!
The Weather Channel said last night that 97% of Texas is in EXTREME drought and 73% is in EXCEPTIONAL drought.

I'm in Abilene, TX and it's 97 at 11:30pm.
Old 08-05-2011, 08:54 PM

The good news is the cracks in the ground (here in Texas) have gotten so deep that the rattlesnakes can't get out of them! The jackrabbits just sit at the edge of the cracks and laugh.
Old 08-05-2011, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by TanyaL
The good news is the cracks in the ground (here in Texas) have gotten so deep that the rattlesnakes can't get out of them! The jackrabbits just sit at the edge of the cracks and laugh.
:D Well I had not heard that one yet! :thumbup:
At midnight here in the backyard it was 97. Ugh! I am so ready for Fall. Or Winter. I will never complain about Winter weather again!!!! Never!!! I can layer clothes and use a quilt to stay warm. :thumbup:
Old 08-05-2011, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by Gramof6
Originally Posted by TanyaL
:D Well I had not heard that one yet! :thumbup:
At midnight here in the backyard it was 97. Ugh! I am so ready for Fall. Or Winter. I will never complain about Winter weather again!!!! Never!!! I can layer clothes and use a quilt to stay warm. :thumbup:
We are now down to 96 degrees and it's 1:25 am.