Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Sept 2011 Weight Loss Adventure -- Sept Winner is Katvert! >
  • Sept 2011 Weight Loss Adventure -- Sept Winner is Katvert!

• Sept 2011 Weight Loss Adventure -- Sept Winner is Katvert!

Old 09-04-2011, 02:29 PM

Oldcottontop, I just wanted to say that's awesome how much weight you lost. Thanks for sharing your tips on your routine too. I'm hoping to get below 200 too this month, so it's nice to hear that you ladies have been doing so well.
    Old 09-04-2011, 03:03 PM

Happy Sunday evening to everyone.

cottontop, congratulations on being August's winner! 18# is more than impressive; as is your success story! Thanks for sharing it with us. How much rain have you had this weekend?

I got my skinny (skinnier than 6 months ago) butt outta bed before 5am and had started my 8.33 miles walk at 610. We have winds off Tropical Storm Lee and I walked through some light misty patches. Most of my walks include a bridge that crosses Lake Houston. Some day very soon, I'm gonna have to carry my camera to catch the sunrise across the water.

Nancia, how many boomerang's have you done? I can only sign up for another once I have the blocks from this swap in a completed quilt. By that time, we will be packing to move.

I know it's early, but nighty-nite.
    Old 09-04-2011, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by purplemem
    We have a winner!

Our August Weight Loss Winner is oldcottontop. She lost 18 pounds! Wow! What a great loss!

Please PM oldcottontop so that she can give you her snail mail addy...you want to send her skinny quarter as fast as you can so she can start her skinny quilt!

Our reported losses totaled 139.7 pounds for the month, and there were much more that didn't report! Way to go!!

Thank you, those who followed the directions and placed the weight lost in the subject line. It made it much easier to see the winner, instead of having to open each email, write the total down, and close it again. I had over 30 emails.

Keep up the good work.. We ARE losing and we ARE in control!
    wow! that is awesome! WTG oldcottontop & everyone who lost last month! I think it's an grand idea that y'all did skinny quarters instead of FAT quarters!
    Old 09-04-2011, 04:16 PM

[quote=plainpat]Thank you.....In all my yrs of quilting,have never bought a fat quarter.The 1st post said red or green.Might have to go shopping :D

Originally Posted by irishrose
    A skinny FQ is just a FQ. This thread doesn't like to call anything fat, so someone changed the name. If you don't have a FQ, you can send a linear quarter yard. If you don't have an Autumn print, send a blender.
    August winner gets an autumn print/tone on tone/solid. September gets a red/green.
    Old 09-04-2011, 05:47 PM

[/quote]Gail, I threw myself into quilting more than 15 years ago as a means to control my grazing. Amazingly, I'm talented enough to do both at the same time.[/quote]

LOL I can do that too!!
    Old 09-04-2011, 05:52 PM

Wow, the last time I was on here was Thursday and we were on page 7. I sign on now and we are on page 19. Don't have time to review them all. Hope I didn't miss anything good.

MJ--you are in my prayers and thoughts even when I don't get on the board. Hang in there my friend. Only God knows the number of our days, not the doctors.

I will try and keep up and not let so many days go before I check in.

Love and good thoughts to you all

Karen
    Old 09-04-2011, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by Leann
    Happy Sunday evening to everyone.

cottontop, congratulations on being August's winner! 18# is more than impressive; as is your success story! Thanks for sharing it with us. How much rain have you had this weekend?

I got my skinny (skinnier than 6 months ago) butt outta bed before 5am and had started my 8.33 miles walk at 610. We have winds off Tropical Storm Lee and I walked through some light misty patches. Most of my walks include a bridge that crosses Lake Houston. Some day very soon, I'm gonna have to carry my camera to catch the sunrise across the water.

Nancia, how many boomerang's have you done? I can only sign up for another once I have the blocks from this swap in a completed quilt. By that time, we will be packing to move.

I know it's early, but nighty-nite.
    We have had rain every day since Thursday night. In fact, it's raining pretty good right now. The temps have been low too....in the 80's. That feels good. Wish I could send some of it to you folks in Texas.
    Old 09-04-2011, 06:39 PM

It is raining now and I am enjoying listening to it. Usually I am in bed at this time because we get up so early, but today was a lazy day. We slept late and took a 4 hour nap!

Food was good today, ate half my dinner at the restaurant. Had fresh strawberries for a snack tonight, love them.

Keep on moving! Each wiggle reduces your jiggle!
    Old 09-04-2011, 06:44 PM

That's cute! "Each wiggle reduces your jiggle." As a fidgeter, I should be slim.
    Old 09-04-2011, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by TOOMANYUFO'S
    I'll do the 5 pd challenge. Tomorrow if weather permits we are going to the Bluehill fair. My DH says he wants fair food you know what that means. I will have to be on my best behavior the rest of the wk. My DD eats her lobster plain, it is really good for you if you eat it that way. I cannot believe the heat of 113. I was actually cold today. Our temp tonight will be 45-60.
    Great,it's just more fun with more doing it.