Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Sept 2011 Weight Loss Adventure -- Sept Winner is Katvert! >
  • Sept 2011 Weight Loss Adventure -- Sept Winner is Katvert!

• Sept 2011 Weight Loss Adventure -- Sept Winner is Katvert!

Old 09-05-2011, 04:59 AM

Thanks.....I'm going to do mine in chunks to start.15 pds is my 1st goal.

Originally Posted by Xylie55
    Originally Posted by plainpat
    I'd like to sign up for the 5pd challenge, but can't find the post.
    We don't sign up,we just do it.It's for motivation.I find if we set a goal number for the month,like 5 pounds,then I work like heck to get it off,and if I lose more great,but at least I have to lose 5 pounds.Because when I do it every month,it adds up after awhile.
    Old 09-05-2011, 05:38 AM

Good morning to all. Thank you everyone of you. If it had not been for this thread, I could not have lost the weight on my own...Again, Thank you.

I hope everyone has been having a wonderful weekend. Louisiana has been having a lot of rain...one good thing about all this rain...the temps are suppose to stay in the low 80's next week.....Yay....Yay.

For the new ones just joining this month, there are a lot of caring, loving, supportive people on this thread. Checking in every day was a very good thing. It keeps you accountable to yourself. Telling someone that understood what I was attempting to do and knowing that I would not be judged was a tremendous help. So check in often.

Ya'll have a wonderful, blessed day.
    Old 09-05-2011, 08:41 AM

Good morning, happy labor day everyone. We have had thunder storms of and on all night, which is very unusual weather for San Diego County. It has been sort of fun actually.

Be good, but have fun today.

Karen
    Old 09-05-2011, 10:27 AM

I did ok yesterday, even though we had company over. It was a bit awkward for me to be eating a large salad and a few sides instead of the ribs, etc. My husband has lost 13 lbs in the last few weeks, so it's encouraging for me that it will eventually come off. Slow and steady wins the race right? LOL

I hope everyone has a good Labor Day.
    Old 09-05-2011, 10:44 AM

Hi everyone! Congrats to oldcottontop. Great job. I've been in and out of town the last week, I forgot to sign up for this month. Oh well I'll just follow along. Hope everyone had a great long weekend. We've had so much rain and the temps are nice and cool. Hope it stays this way. So tired of the heat. Good thought going out to everybody.
    Old 09-05-2011, 12:04 PM

lynne== just signed up for my 2nd one. the 1st was so much fun! but have a few left to finish. i got to dawdling and that was my downfall! that and a hurricane and a new grandbaby! lol , not all my fault! but still...
    Old 09-05-2011, 12:08 PM

Had a family member who lost a lot of wt & thought it was akward for others when they ate out or had ppl over.
    She finally decided she was changing her way of eating,it would always be diff than many ... she just said,"I'm on a different eating plan,so don't let it bother you".A few ppl asked some questions, most never said a word.It's been 5-6 yrs, she's still on the same plan & no one pays any attention.
    Just get it straight in your own mind & you'll be surprised at how few ppl even notice. It's your business, your life.Good luck.

Originally Posted by marscrafter
    I did ok yesterday, even though we had company over. It was a bit awkward for me to be eating a large salad and a few sides instead of the ribs, etc. My husband has lost 13 lbs in the last few weeks, so it's encouraging for me that it will eventually come off. Slow and steady wins the race right? LOL

I hope everyone has a good Labor Day.
    Old 09-05-2011, 12:16 PM

mars crafter-- missy started referring to under 200lbs as one-derland. i love it! so that's what i call it now, too. i'm sitting right at 200, have dipped down twice, evidently got scared, and went right back up. 200 is stuck to me! but i'm in on the 5 lb challenge so i WILL get below it!!! one-derland here i come!!! i am losing weight, i am in control. it is up to me!
    jeri-- good to see your post! you are always with us! i'll be watching so let me know how you're doing! got your back, girl, lol!
    Old 09-05-2011, 12:17 PM

Just a quick hello as I have been at this time vampire for over 2 hours now. I realized that yesterdays walk was my longest walk AND run ever. I will have to have a rest day after my longest ones. I am terribly fatigued today - which weakens my resolve to eat right.

Winds from TS Lee are gone and the heat has returned. I envy everyone that is getting rain.

I need to fondle some fabric.

Hugs!
    Old 09-05-2011, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by nancia
    lynne== just signed up for my 2nd one. the 1st was so much fun! but have a few left to finish. i got to dawdling and that was my downfall! that and a hurricane and a new grandbaby! lol , not all my fault! but still...
    It seems there were lots of swappers who weren't in a hurry to receive their blocks.

I was in a hurry to get mine finished! Don't stress too much over it.