Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Sept 2011 Weight Loss Adventure -- Sept Winner is Katvert! >
  • Sept 2011 Weight Loss Adventure -- Sept Winner is Katvert!

• Sept 2011 Weight Loss Adventure -- Sept Winner is Katvert!

Old 09-07-2011, 09:52 AM

I would love to post some pounds lost, but I swear these things are Superglued to my body. I just weighed myself - same old, same old. Something has to change. Eating okay, exercise okay, water not okay.That may be the next change.

marscrafter and Beachbound, It's great that you are down. Keep posting - it's encouraging to us stuck ones.

I am tougher than these pounds. Good-bye to them!
    Old 09-07-2011, 10:09 AM

Wow! Everytime I am able to get on this thread it has exploded with information. I always want to comment on the happening but I'm already a couple of pages behind. You go girls! I hang on by my fingertips for the ride. Love Love to visit with you all.
    P.S. 2 pounds down this month so far plus the 5 from last month and I am doing the dance of joy!!!!!

Lisa
    Old 09-07-2011, 11:28 AM

:thumbup: , Lisa. We are doing the happy dance with you, for you.
    Old 09-07-2011, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by createfourpaws
    Originally Posted by Beachbound
    Cindy, I did a t shirt quilt for someone. I charged her $300 and it had all different sizes shirts from baby to XL. It was a pain but she loved it. I found lots of patterns online. If you want i can post a picture when I'm on my other computer. Good luck!!!

BTW I am down 1 1/2 pounds this week!!! whooohooo!!!
    What did you use to stablize the t-shirts? How big did the quilt end up. If I have enough shirts they would like it to be king if possible.

Would love to see a picture when you have a chance.

Thanks
    i would love to see this also... my hubby has about 100 concert shirts in a big box, that I want to make a quilt for his office with one day. But I just have no idea how to get started on it.
    Old 09-07-2011, 12:06 PM

Cindy, I did a t shirt quilt for someone. I charged her $300 and it had all different sizes shirts from baby to XL. It was a pain but she loved it. I found lots of patterns online. If you want i can post a picture when I'm on my other computer. Good luck!!!

What did you use to stablize the t-shirts? How big did the quilt end up. If I have enough shirts they would like it to be king if possible.

Thanks
    I used light weight iron on interfacing~ just the cheap walmart kind. Cut your t shirt panels extra big until you know what size you'll need. This one was queen sized with the borders.
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-252896.jpe  
    Old 09-07-2011, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by irishrose
    I would love to post some pounds lost, but I swear these things are Superglued to my body. I just weighed myself - same old, same old. Something has to change. Eating okay, exercise okay, water not okay.That may be the next change.

marscrafter and Beachbound, It's great that you are down. Keep posting - it's encouraging to us stuck ones.

I am tougher than these pounds. Good-bye to them!
    Thanks! I had a major sucess grocery shopping today~ I passed by all the goodies I like to keep hidden from my hubby. He is down 25 pounds and I was just not ready to work it yet so I've been keeping a stash of Twislers or even cookies. Just got 100 calorie popcorn & pretzels & the 60 calorie jello for those trying times. I've been walking 30 minutes each day or doing Yoga on the Wii. I need to wear a knee brace for support but I'm doing it. I-will-be-thin-again.....someday!
    Old 09-07-2011, 12:54 PM

I went out and got some fresh fruit and veggies. Now I am gonna make my mexican shrimp cocktail and freeze some since I end up making a batch that is too big for just me. I will leave out the avacodo when I freeze it.

Oh shoot, I forgot to get some lemons..........now to run back to the store. I had to go back out again anyway to get mom's meds.

I didn't buy any junk food. I did get some bagels but I plan on freezing them in half portions, instead of eating the whole I will eat only half.

I am off to clean the kitchen and do some cooking for the rest of the week.

I am losing and in control

Cindy
    Old 09-07-2011, 12:56 PM

beachbound,
    love your quilt. Thank you for sharing.

I am not sure if I will use the tricot interfacing or the light interfacing.

Now to find some of my own old tshirt to use to practice with.
    Old 09-07-2011, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by katvert

Thanks
    i would love to see this also... my hubby has about 100 concert shirts in a big box, that I want to make a quilt for his office with one day. But I just have no idea how to get started on it.
    in my research it is showing that abaout 50 t-shirts will do a King size quilt. so you should be able to get more than 1 out of all of his shirts.

good luck when you decide to get started.

Cindy
    Old 09-07-2011, 01:11 PM

Beachbound... thanks for showing the quilt...it is inspiring to get started on mine. - watch out for those Twizzlers - Red vines have always been a favorite of mine. They are fat free right??-- but tons of Carbs. I just joined Weight Watchers and so I have been paying more attention to labels. And 1 Red Vine is equal to one point. WOW!!. This has been really opening my eyes. Friday is my official weigh in day but according to my home scale I am already down a couple of pounds just by paying attention.

Cindy - That is why I have never started on it yet. I think I need him to pick out x-number of shirts that he likes best.