Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Sept 2011 Weight Loss Adventure -- Sept Winner is Katvert! >
  • Sept 2011 Weight Loss Adventure -- Sept Winner is Katvert!

• Sept 2011 Weight Loss Adventure -- Sept Winner is Katvert!

Old 09-07-2011, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by katvert
    Beachbound... thanks for showing the quilt...it is inspiring to get started on mine. - watch out for those Twizzlers - Red vines have always been a favorite of mine. They are fat free right??-- but tons of Carbs. I just joined Weight Watchers and so I have been paying more attention to labels. And 1 Red Vine is equal to one point. WOW!!. This has been really opening my eyes. Friday is my official weigh in day but according to my home scale I am already down a couple of pounds just by paying attention.

Cindy - That is why I have never started on it yet. I think I need him to pick out x-number of shirts that he likes best.
    HOLY COW!!!! 1 Red Vine is 1 WW point???? oh no, well, good thing I didn't buy any more cause who can eat just 1?
    Old 09-07-2011, 03:02 PM

That's great news! Gives all of us slow losers a ray of hope.the extra pounds fight me every step of the way....they'd rather stay put! :lol:
    Old 09-07-2011, 03:29 PM
    mim

I have a very stupid question -- this is the first time I have ever really been serious about losing a fair amount of weight. So what is it about drinking a lot of water -- other than it makes you feel full -- is there a medical reason??

Thanks -- Mim
    Old 09-07-2011, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by mim
    I have a very stupid question -- this is the first time I have ever really been serious about losing a fair amount of weight. So what is it about drinking a lot of water -- other than it makes you feel full -- is there a medical reason??

Thanks -- Mim
    no question is stupid. Ask all you want.

Drinking water helps keep you hydrated, and if you add lemon it is also a good diruetic. When I drink half my weight in ounces I lose weight. The water also helps flush out all the toxins we take in unknowingly.

I was told by one doctor that you should drink 1/2 your weight in ounces to get the correct amount of water per day. That is a challenge for me to drink 100 ozs per day. I am lucky to get in the 64 ounces each day.

Good luck
    I am losing and in control of what goes in.
    Old 09-07-2011, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by Beachbound
    Originally Posted by katvert
    Beachbound... thanks for showing the quilt...it is inspiring to get started on mine. - watch out for those Twizzlers - Red vines have always been a favorite of mine. They are fat free right??-- but tons of Carbs. I just joined Weight Watchers and so I have been paying more attention to labels. And 1 Red Vine is equal to one point. WOW!!. This has been really opening my eyes. Friday is my official weigh in day but according to my home scale I am already down a couple of pounds just by paying attention.

Cindy - That is why I have never started on it yet. I think I need him to pick out x-number of shirts that he likes best.
    HOLY COW!!!! 1 Red Vine is 1 WW point???? oh no, well, good thing I didn't buy any more cause who can eat just 1?
    That is what I said.. according to the regular package I have here, I serving is 3 vines = 4 points. I recalculated it many times hoping for an error. ... No wonder I have so much weight to lose.. during Nursing school - 1 exam could easily = 2 bags of red vines. Other favorites of mine that are not worth it are Starburst and Skittles. According to the WW system you are better off eating a little bit of chocolate.
    Old 09-07-2011, 04:16 PM

Has anyone made a Double Wedding Ring quilt? I just finished a 9 ring table topper but would love some hints on how to make the queen quilt I need to make go smoother.
    Old 09-07-2011, 04:27 PM
    mim

I just kept going and adding to what I already had -- this turned out to be a king size -- as I would finish a ring, I would decide if I wanted to make another set. As long as I didn't hurry and stress, it went OK -- It isn't a speedy QID project.

I hand quilted it while I was a care giver with alzheimers ladies or sleeping clients.

I designed the fill quilting to fit the space available.

Mim

Has anyone made a Double Wedding Ring quilt? I just finished a 9 ring table topper but would love some hints on how to make the queen quilt I need to make go smoother.
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-252979.jpe   attachment-252980.jpe  
    Old 09-07-2011, 04:29 PM
    mim

I just kept going and adding to what I already had -- this turned out to be a king size -- as I would finish a ring, I would decide if I wanted to make another set. As long as I didn't hurry and stress, it went OK -- It isn't a speedy QID project.

I hand quilted it while I was a care giver with alzheimers ladies or sleeping clients.

I designed the fill quilting to fit the space available.

Mim

Attached Thumbnails attachment-252982.jpe   attachment-252983.jpe  
    Old 09-07-2011, 04:32 PM
    mim

Thank you -- I will try to drink more water -- I seem to have hit a plateau this past week -- water may jump start me again

Mim

Originally Posted by createfourpaws
    Originally Posted by mim

Thanks -- Mim
    no question is stupid. Ask all you want.

Drinking water helps keep you hydrated, and if you add lemon it is also a good diruetic. When I drink half my weight in ounces I lose weight. The water also helps flush out all the toxins we take in unknowingly.

I was told by one doctor that you should drink 1/2 your weight in ounces to get the correct amount of water per day. That is a challenge for me to drink 100 ozs per day. I am lucky to get in the 64 ounces each day.

Good luck
    I am losing and in control of what goes in.
    Old 09-07-2011, 04:52 PM

mim, your DWR is gorgeous - just the right amount of color and so well done. You quilted it by hand, too. That's impressive!

Beachbound, your T-shirt quilt is very well executed. If I tried to make one, I doubt if it would be square.

Three miles closer to GR. 30 minutes of exercise and over 2 1/2 miles of walking. I forgot to time the walk, though part of it wouldn't have timed well. The woods are so full of downed branches that I had to walk like I was marching and step carefully, so that was slower going.

I will try to drink more water. I should have picked some mint when I was out picking tomatoes. I'll get it in the morning. The bears are in looking for the black cherries and I don't want to meet one.

I am losing weight and getting healthier.