Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Sept 2011 Weight Loss Adventure -- Sept Winner is Katvert! >
  • Sept 2011 Weight Loss Adventure -- Sept Winner is Katvert!

• Sept 2011 Weight Loss Adventure -- Sept Winner is Katvert!

Old 09-07-2011, 06:06 PM

I just went and poured a glass of water! LOL! Thanks for the reminders. I got a massage this afternoon and she told me I should drink a gallon of water tonight. This was at 5:30. I don't know if that is even possible.
    Volunteering at the quilt show was not that much fun but I did get in a workout. I was on the finishing team and had to step up and down on a step ladder to center the quilts and hang the quilt info.
    I got some very disturbing news this evening. My sister called about her grandson, Ethan, who is 3. He has been in the hospital for several days while the doctors try to get his seizures under control. He has been having them for about 6 months. The doctors told them today that he has so much brain damage that he will never learn anything more. I refuse to believe it. I can believe that that is the worst case scenario. Maybe my sister has it wrong. I sure hope so. Please pray for little Ethan.
    Old 09-07-2011, 08:29 PM

Pam, of course your grandnephew will be in our prayers. Remember put your faith in God not the doctors.

Karen
    Old 09-07-2011, 08:48 PM

Prayers are being offered for little Ethan. Lord, hold Ethan in your healing hands.
    Old 09-07-2011, 09:30 PM

Went to the gym today and did my 30 mins of cardio and then weight training. Also weighed in and lost another 3 lbs. Feeling good and am now going to go finish my daughters quilt (putting the binding on) her birthday is tomorrow.
    Old 09-07-2011, 10:10 PM

pam-- heartfelt prayers for little ethan and his family. life is so dear.
    pearlie march, keep going! you're doing great!!

my eating may have been out of control, but i did get some walking in. i went to the mall with my son and we did a search for thank you notes. who knew they could be so elusive? do people no longer send a written thank you for job interviews? i'm glad my son does. to me it seems right. go ahead and send an e-mail, and then follow it with a sincere hand written note. that's the kind of person i would hire. anyway, in my virtual march to philly i have made it to the end of my street and out of our section and to the wawa. i'm on my way!
    Old 09-07-2011, 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by nancia
    mrsh2008-- you sound like you have the same pattern i do. my body is in constant starvation mode. so it holds onto everything it gets never knowing if it'll get any more. i find if i'm going to snack i want cookies, breads, cakes, not so much candy, but lately if i start something it's hard to stop before it's all gone. i'm trying to choose fruits and veggies for my snacks, but i'm not always successful. my dh and i went grocery shopping and i bought a few little things for dessert after meals. they are all gone. did i mention we went yesterday? all carbs, all gone. guess i can't do that! time for a new and better plan! i just seem to have strayed away! xylie- slap me around and get me back to where i need to be! i can do this, i have been doing it, i need to keep doing it right!
    LOL!I been catching up,looks like a busy few days.We got babies coming,lots of walking and chit chating.I pray for Texas too and all who are going thru tough times.Irishrose,I pray too for you especially.That's got to be tough.And here we have nancia!!!!!!What the heck?It's ok to stray a bit.I done it too.But when I gained my 15 pounds,I got it right back off.I lost 3 pounds thus far this month.So am moving again.And we got to get you down past the 200 mark.you been sitting there long enough.Take the plunge and get that 5 pounds off.AND KEEP IT OFF!That will put you at 195ish.I saw a gal on utube last night {funny as hell} and her channel is 'macomarell's channel' and 'Calorie Restriction Lifestyle' or as she likes to call herself "The Skinny B's" as in bitches.She's a hoot.About our age,and has lost 100 pounds.Check her out,she's funny.She has reciepes etc.She talked to her kitchen utinsils that are like the chef and another one a holding a wine bottle.That was funny.Anyway,Ya,I want to see 5 pounds off your butt this month.No reason why you can't do it.'I want to' don't do it.You have to do it.Like getting into a cold pool.It's a bitch getting in,but once your wet,your warm all over.Same here,once you get in the one unders,you'll sail on down the channel of weight loss wondering why you took so long.Count calories,go on a 1500 calorie a day eating.Pick foods that fill you up and keep you full.Do 5 days on,and 2 days off.Or 6 days on and 1 day off.Or even every other day at 1500 calories.Or.go on the spirutein for 2 meals and eat dinner w/ hubby.I know you can do that one.You'll drop weight like mad this month just doing that.Plus it will give you energy.So you should be at 195 at a minimum at the end of this month,if not in the 180's.Now wouldn't that make your day?You'll feel so much better,and only be 20? pounds behind me.Now LET'S GET ER DONE NANCIA!You CAN do it.YOU CAN do it!You CAN DO IT! YOU CAN DO IT. And so can the rest of you.And THAT goes for me too.especially me too.I been dillydallying long enough at the 160LB range.I moved 3 pounds this month,so am working hard at it.You can do it too.If we can.nancia and I will be battling for the finish line when she gets down to where I am now.I know she can do it,she's done it already,and is doing it now.Like all of you are.Just the fact that we are all here is the right step in the direction we are going.It's time to stop the baby steps,and start moving down the scales.That's what I told myself yesterday.And I'm bound and determined I'm going to finish this to the end,I may not be running and skipping,but even if I have to crawl all the way down,I'm going to finish this!Now,as nancia says,lets all take an oar an start paddling down stream!I'm in,how bout you?nancia's in,anybdyy else?yes,yes,good.Let's get these challenges out of the way so we can continue on...............
    Old 09-07-2011, 11:08 PM

i've tried this before, so i'll try it again

my first cuddle with olivia
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]253078[/ATTACH]

could that be a smile?
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]253079[/ATTACH]

very serious thoughts were thought!
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]253080[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-253072.jpe   attachment-253073.jpe   attachment-253074.jpe  
    Old 09-07-2011, 11:23 PM

this is 3 wks old. she started playing games with us. her mom pretended to chew her fingers, yum,yum,yum, about 3 times and then stopped. olivia reached out and put her fingers in her mom's mouth. she did this twice. we think she's brilliant!! lollollol
    Old 09-08-2011, 02:36 AM

Hello everybody. Sure have missed you guys. My computer keyboard decided to get "sticky keys" so I couldn't communicate with anybody. I wanted to let you know I haven't forgotten you.

Nancia what a beautiful baby. Makes me want to give her a hug myself. I love the smell of little babies.

I need to pm oldcottontop to get her snail mail address to send off her FQ. Wow 18 lbs. lost that's great.

MJ it was great talking with you. Thanks for taking the time to explain all that to me. I have increased my protein intake.

How is everybody in TX - anybody near the fires?

I have to go back and catch up on my reading of this thread I'm so far behind.

Love you all, God Bless.
    Old 09-08-2011, 03:08 AM

Very sorry to hear that.Prayers for him & his family.

Nancia....such lovely pics...beautiful baby.

I'm having puter probs with small type....