Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Sept 2011 Weight Loss Adventure -- Sept Winner is Katvert! >
  • Sept 2011 Weight Loss Adventure -- Sept Winner is Katvert!

• Sept 2011 Weight Loss Adventure -- Sept Winner is Katvert!

Old 09-13-2011, 02:22 PM

I've always heard that the slower the loss,the slower it will be to regain.Not sure if it's true, but we can hope! Sounds like you're doing great & a med being lowered is good news for sure.

Originally Posted by IAmCatOwned
    Well, the weight loss is slow, but getting there. At my doctor's appointment it was official - 21 pounds down since last March. So, now I have to reset my counter for another 6 month loss.

Another huge plus is that my A1C is down. The doc even lowered the med amount! :thumbup: So, even though the weight is coming off slowing, there is a positive.

Stephanie
    Old 09-13-2011, 05:49 PM

Hi everyone, hope today was a good day.
    katvert - Good luck on your exams.
    Shephanie - great job on your 21 lbs lose and A1C being down.
    Irish - IMO I think you are just sharing your wisdom for us to take or leave. I don't see it as you give medical advise. I personal have learn so much from you and others here. Hope you all will keep sharing with us.
    Old 09-13-2011, 05:53 PM

Hello everyone. Just checking in to catch up on reading all of the posts since the last time I logged in. I'm glad to hear most everyone is doing well with their weight loss. Now that cooler days are on the way, I'm looking forward to going for walks in the park and spending more time working in the garden.
    Old 09-13-2011, 06:38 PM

I would like to share something that is a new for me. I think some of you can relate. More than I care to admit when the going has gotten tough, I've gone straight to the cupboard or fridge and found comfort in just about anything that was edible and if it happened to taste good I could scarf it down pretty fast and furious.

I am here to tell you that my son stayed here a couple of weekends and we had some very tense moments and I didn't have the need or desire to stuff myself with food. What I did was stand up for myself and let him know he and his attitude were not welcome in my house.

I think one of the reasons I don't look to food for comfort is that there is no food that's off limits to me. The foods I'm not wanting to eat are foods I don't miss. I no longer even want to eat ice cream because I can feel how much it congests me. I have dessert every night so I never feel denied. When I want to crunch on something I have some shrimp chips or rice crackers.

I think the point I'm trying to make is that if we love food we're still going to love food while we're losing weight. If we take away some of the foods we love and tell ourselves they're off limits those are the foods we'll go to for comfort when we have to deal with stress.
    Old 09-13-2011, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by katvert
    Okay, so today is the big day. I take my nursing license exam in less than 2 hours. Years of work is coming down to this one moment. I have studied everything I can thing of but it is just to much to possibly cover everything.

In all my studying I have managed to actually go down in weight instead of the normal stress eating that I normally do.

"Just try to relax and take my time."
    You will do great!!!! We believe in you!
    Old 09-13-2011, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by IAmCatOwned
    Well, the weight loss is slow, but getting there. At my doctor's appointment it was official - 21 pounds down since last March. So, now I have to reset my counter for another 6 month loss.

Another huge plus is that my A1C is down. The doc even lowered the med amount! :thumbup: So, even though the weight is coming off slowing, there is a positive.

Stephanie
    You Rock!!! TWO thumbs up!!
    Old 09-13-2011, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by Radiana
    I would like to share something that is a new for me. I think some of you can relate. More than I care to admit when the going has gotten tough, I've gone straight to the cupboard or fridge and found comfort in just about anything that was edible and if it happened to taste good I could scarf it down pretty fast and furious.

I am here to tell you that my son stayed here a couple of weekends and we had some very tense moments and I didn't have the need or desire to stuff myself with food. What I did was stand up for myself and let him know he and his attitude were not welcome in my house.

I think one of the reasons I don't look to food for comfort is that there is no food that's off limits to me. The foods I'm not wanting to eat are foods I don't miss. I no longer even want to eat ice cream because I can feel how much it congests me. I have dessert every night so I never feel denied. When I want to crunch on something I have some shrimp chips or rice crackers.

I think the point I'm trying to make is that if we love food we're still going to love food while we're losing weight. If we take away some of the foods we love and tell ourselves they're off limits those are the foods we'll go to for comfort when we have to deal with stress.
    Wow! Your inner strength just oozes out! Stay in control. You inspire us all.
    Old 09-13-2011, 07:35 PM

Not a good day. Only ate twice cuz I am so busy. That was on 3 hours sleep, no nap. Now DH has grounded me again. I have to ask, is he using me as an excuse to not do his workouts? Without a doubt, keeping myself healthy and rested is good for us all.

I am thinking of ordering the new Firm series. I need a fresh workout. Before I do that, I should see if I can do TurboFire without hurting my knees. Got it for Christmas - when I was more than 40# heavier. I do it in the garage and it is still too hot to do workouts there. We hit 104 and broke another record today.

God, please send rain.
    Old 09-13-2011, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by irishrose
    BARES, sometimes becoming aware of a problem is the first step. Now that you're aware, what's next. From my questions today, What do you need to change? More exercise? More water? Tracking on My Fitness Pal for a while? I stopped after 8 days. I get bored easily. I used it long enough to find out I'm in the ballpark.

I am losing weight and getting healthier.
    Great questions. I feel like I am being sabotaged and I am letting it happen. I need to focus on what I eat and not only on what I can fix for hubby. Definitely need more exercise. Need to plan my meals and prepare them before I get terribly stressed or hungry. I guess most importantly would be to find a way to get proper food and have to prepare, instead of having empty nutrient value junk food.
    Old 09-14-2011, 03:38 AM

katvert - how did the exams go? I'm sure you did well. Let us know when you get the results.

I had a good food day yesterday and am hoping for another today. I've started jotting down a dailey menu every morning and then logging my food on MFP. The only thing is it makes me feel obsessed with food. I'm hoping if I do this for a short period of time I can extend writing the menu for a week.

Still not doing good on exercise but I'm taking Judy's advice and start out with short minutes like 10 and then increase as I go.

Also need to increase my water intake - only drank half of what I should have yesterday.

Hope everyone has a great day.

I can do this - I'm taking baby steps!