Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Sept 2011 Weight Loss Adventure -- Sept Winner is Katvert! >
  • Sept 2011 Weight Loss Adventure -- Sept Winner is Katvert!

• Sept 2011 Weight Loss Adventure -- Sept Winner is Katvert!

Old 09-14-2011, 06:50 AM

Sorry I haven't been posting, ladies. DH and I are moving in about two weeks so I've been packing, cleaning, selling stuff, and making runs to the dump and Goodwill. I'll be glad when we're all settled in our new home. My weight loss has been stalled this month so I'll just keep trying and get a FQ ready to send. lol Good luck everyone and congrats to those who are losing!
    Old 09-14-2011, 08:23 AM

good morning!

I got back from the lake and had a wonderful time. Lulu is doing well after her surgery, she is napping with dh right now, sleeping in his arms.

One day away was a great mini-vacation. It was long enough to say goodbye to the worries around the house, but not so long as to be tiresome.

Eating was not as healthy...I had a buffet for supper and breakfast but I did better than I would have.
    for supper I had salad and 5 catfish!
    for breakfast I had 1 biscuit with gravy and 10 strawberries and 1/2 glass of milk.

For me this was big restraint, so I feel this ongoing discussion of weight loss was really helpful.

View from our private terrace
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]256504[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-256498.jpe  
    Old 09-14-2011, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by purplemem
    good morning!

I got back from the lake and had a wonderful time. Lulu is doing well after her surgery, she is napping with dh right now, sleeping in his arms.

One day away was a great mini-vacation. It was long enough to say goodbye to the worries around the house, but not so long as to be tiresome.

Eating was not as healthy...I had a buffet for supper and breakfast but I did better than I would have.
    for supper I had salad and 5 catfish!
    for breakfast I had 1 biscuit with gravy and 10 strawberries and 1/2 glass of milk.

For me this was big restraint, so I feel this ongoing discussion of weight loss was really helpful.
    I am so glad that you had a great time! Oh and that view was amazing! I am proud of you for your restraint during meal time. I hope that Lulu and Marvin have a great nap!

Missy
    Old 09-14-2011, 09:24 AM

i am pleased to report, i am down 2 1/2 lbs. yay! halfway to meeting xylie's challenge! thanks to all who kicked my butt for getting lazy. nothing tastes as good as losing feels! good luck to all!
    Old 09-14-2011, 09:48 AM

I just signed up for WW. They had a special buy one month get the second one free with no membership fee. I figue I need a little more hand holding in this weight loss adventure.

I went to my first meeting today, I usually weigh myself in the morning before I eat anything and after I go to the bathroom. Midday weights-wow, don't like those at all.
    Old 09-14-2011, 09:51 AM

I go to the doctor way too often and have to weigh there in the afternoon.

I told them I want to weigh like at home, nekked! They LOL and said, NO!

I told them it wasn't fair because I always weighed more at the office.
    Old 09-14-2011, 09:59 AM

good afternoon ladies,

hope this finds all well. I am down with a nasty sinus infection and lost my voice. Went to work today and they sent me home sick. Running a low grade fever and knew I shouldn't go in, but yesterday when it started I talked to the boss and gave him the choice of me not coming or coming. He said to come and if I was worse he would send me home.

I know this would be a great time to quilt but I just dont feel well. So cuddled up in the recliner with my quilt and pillows. So I will rest.

Tomorrow I have someone coming over to help me clean up the apartment and get things organized. I will later take pictures of the before and then the after. I can't wait to see what she has in mind.

I am losing and in control.

Many blessings.
    Cindy
    Old 09-14-2011, 10:01 AM

I am encouraged by those who have lost weight.

Nancia congrats on you weight loss

Charity crafter good luck with WW, I never had any good luck with them. working night shift at the time was rough.
    Old 09-14-2011, 12:01 PM

I made it - went to water aerobics and lasted the whole hour. Went to physical therepy after water aerobics and my PT lady told me to take it easy next time and avoid a couple of exercises that affect my shoulder.

Cindy - sorry you're not feeling well. Sinus infections are the worst. Rest and get well.
    Old 09-14-2011, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by BARES
    Originally Posted by irishrose
    BARES, sometimes becoming aware of a problem is the first step. Now that you're aware, what's next. From my questions today, What do you need to change? More exercise? More water? Tracking on My Fitness Pal for a while? I stopped after 8 days. I get bored easily. I used it long enough to find out I'm in the ballpark.

I am losing weight and getting healthier.
    Great questions. I feel like I am being sabotaged and I am letting it happen. I need to focus on what I eat and not only on what I can fix for hubby. Definitely need more exercise. Need to plan my meals and prepare them before I get terribly stressed or hungry. I guess most importantly would be to find a way to get proper food and have to prepare, instead of having empty nutrient value junk food.
    You will find greater success by pre-planning with a back-up plan. This is a work in progress for me.