Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Sept 2011 Weight Loss Adventure -- Sept Winner is Katvert! >
  • Sept 2011 Weight Loss Adventure -- Sept Winner is Katvert!

• Sept 2011 Weight Loss Adventure -- Sept Winner is Katvert!

Old 09-14-2011, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by JHolm
    katvert - how did the exams go? I'm sure you did well. Let us know when you get the results.

I had a good food day yesterday and am hoping for another today. I've started jotting down a dailey menu every morning and then logging my food on MFP. The only thing is it makes me feel obsessed with food. I'm hoping if I do this for a short period of time I can extend writing the menu for a week.

Still not doing good on exercise but I'm taking Judy's advice and start out with short minutes like 10 and then increase as I go.

Also need to increase my water intake - only drank half of what I should have yesterday.

Hope everyone has a great day.

I can do this - I'm taking baby steps!
    On Spark People, they encourage to "just do 10 minutes" of whatever it is you are trying to accomplish - exercise, chores, etc. From that you add minutes and success. My Spark food tracker also allows me to save meals so that when I plan my menus, I don't have the added burden of adding those foods. Does MFP have that function? It takes time to record the foods we eat. Last thing I want is more time on this time vampire!
    Old 09-14-2011, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by thelondonzoo
    Sorry I haven't been posting, ladies. DH and I are moving in about two weeks so I've been packing, cleaning, selling stuff, and making runs to the dump and Goodwill. I'll be glad when we're all settled in our new home. My weight loss has been stalled this month so I'll just keep trying and get a FQ ready to send. lol Good luck everyone and congrats to those who are losing!
    Good luck with the move! We'll still be here once you are settled.
    Old 09-14-2011, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by purplemem
    good morning!

I got back from the lake and had a wonderful time. Lulu is doing well after her surgery, she is napping with dh right now, sleeping in his arms.

One day away was a great mini-vacation. It was long enough to say goodbye to the worries around the house, but not so long as to be tiresome.

Eating was not as healthy...I had a buffet for supper and breakfast but I did better than I would have.
    for supper I had salad and 5 catfish!
    for breakfast I had 1 biscuit with gravy and 10 strawberries and 1/2 glass of milk.

For me this was big restraint, so I feel this ongoing discussion of weight loss was really helpful.
    Gorgeous view! I understand about the restraint. Us southern eaters do love our biscuits and gravy.
    Old 09-14-2011, 02:47 PM

I haven't read for a few days, how quickly this topic goes. :-) Hope your exam went well Katvert. I'm glad so many of you are doing well, and keeping up the exercise. I'm doing ok on eating well, sticking to healthier choices in smaller amounts. My husband is down 15 lbs right now, so we are pushing each other to stay on track. I'm going to go do one of the biggest loser workout videos, they kick my butt. Hope your day is going well everyone.
    Old 09-14-2011, 03:22 PM

just a reminder to those who are losing with their husband, or any other guy, men lose faster than women --by a lot! so don't get discouraged that he's losing and you are not, or not as fast, or not as much. it's a quirk of nature and totally unfair. i think it has something to do with the extra layer of fat women have in order to be able to create and nurture children. think pre-historic needs, and it's easier to accept. be annoyed with nature, not him, or yourself. just keep on keeping on at your own rate! you'll do great!
    Old 09-14-2011, 05:03 PM

Hi everyone. I am checking in to say hi. I think I told everyone I am taking a nursing refresher course. It and the flu clinic I am working have me so busy that I won't have another off day after Saturday for 31 days. Tomorrow I have an interview at a nursing home. I am not sure how I feel about that. I want to work but I'm not real sure about this. I am going to go for the interview and see what they tell me. I have prayed about this job. If this is where God intends for me to be, I will be.

The class in good at times, boring at others. The good thing is, it is in Birmingham. I have to park in a parking deck and walk a minimum of 2 to 3 blocks twice a day. It isn't a long walk but a good one. The first day I parked in a different deck and had to walk about 5 blocks twice that day. My knees held out ok that day but couldn't do that everyday.

Let me tell you. Shape up shoes should come with a warning. I wore mine this past weekend. I have Cerebral Palsy so my balance isn't exactly the best. I was standing in the bedroom and managed to somehow turn my ankle. Before I knew it I was flat of my back in the floor.

I am off to work on dosage calculations ..... I'd rather be sewing on my quilt!!
    Old 09-14-2011, 08:25 PM

you are right about the toning shoes! i have a tendency to stand with my weight on my heels, and i have nearly fallen backwards numerous times! coming down stairs is perilous! and i still don't have a recognizable butt, just two very long thighs!
    Old 09-14-2011, 10:25 PM

jHolme- I haven’t heard yet I am hoping for result by Friday. It was really hard though, It took 3.5 hours. So now I can only hope that my educated guess where right. & Yeah to the water class… I love the one I take at the Y, it feels great for my arthritis.

Charity – I am in my 2nd week at WW and I love it. They have great meal ideas, and I am really learning to make better choices. Unofficially I am down 11 pounds already (my weigh day is Friday)

I just cleaned out my craft closet because we are getting new floors tomorrow, and I found a huge pile of junk food. I never realized just how much I had - so i threw it all away!!
    Old 09-14-2011, 10:35 PM

good for you! katvert-- not too long ago,ww had a core plan, and it was basically unprocessed foods. i dropped 40 lbs very quickly. noe with the points program i feel out to sea! i'm no good at numbers. i'm glad it works for you!! ww is considered the best diet plan with the best results and nutritionally sound. there is none better! best of luck- keep losing! and good luck too on the exam! what will you be when you pass it?
    Old 09-15-2011, 03:02 AM

Originally Posted by MrsH2008
    Hi everyone. I am checking in to say hi. I think I told everyone I am taking a nursing refresher course. It and the flu clinic I am working have me so busy that I won't have another off day after Saturday for 31 days. Tomorrow I have an interview at a nursing home. I am not sure how I feel about that. I want to work but I'm not real sure about this. I am going to go for the interview and see what they tell me. I have prayed about this job. If this is where God intends for me to be, I will be.

The class in good at times, boring at others. The good thing is, it is in Birmingham. I have to park in a parking deck and walk a minimum of 2 to 3 blocks twice a day. It isn't a long walk but a good one. The first day I parked in a different deck and had to walk about 5 blocks twice that day. My knees held out ok that day but couldn't do that everyday.

Let me tell you. Shape up shoes should come with a warning. I wore mine this past weekend. I have Cerebral Palsy so my balance isn't exactly the best. I was standing in the bedroom and managed to somehow turn my ankle. Before I knew it I was flat of my back in the floor.

I am off to work on dosage calculai tions ..... I'd rather be sewing on my quilt!!
    Those toning shows can be bad sometimes...and if someone has problems with balance...be careful.

My daughter is just finishing nursing school in Birmingham and my grand daughter is just starting. Which school are you taking your refresher course? And good luck on the job interview. As you said, if that is where God wants you to be, then so be it.

Good luck on your weight loss.