Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Sept 2011 Weight Loss Adventure -- Sept Winner is Katvert! >
  • Sept 2011 Weight Loss Adventure -- Sept Winner is Katvert!

• Sept 2011 Weight Loss Adventure -- Sept Winner is Katvert!

Old 09-19-2011, 04:34 AM

[quote=katvert]I PASSED!!! I am a real nurse now!

Hip Hip Horray!
    Lisa
    Old 09-19-2011, 04:51 AM

I'm still here & down 2.5 pds.......tho I don't bother with the 1/2pd on the ticker.
    Having a bit of a problem in not eating enough....have done that before.I do eat, but don't care for some "lite" foods,so not much of an appetite for what I can have.Anyone else have that happen?

What are you planning for dinner today? Suggestions needed.Maybe cauliflower/potato soup & egg salad swich using mostly egg whites.Lots of lettuce & green peppers..mmm.
    Old 09-19-2011, 05:02 AM
    elm

After I wrote yesterday, I decided to google my quilting board name. Good news only got tree and computer related offerings. So my conclusion is that what we say here stays here. What we sign online \or get in the newspaper for is all over the internet. That's okay with me. If I sign a petition, I thought about it and mean it.

Just want to say that I hadn't noticed any mean comments. However, each of us takes in the printed word with our own point of view. Certainly hope that I haven't put anything out here that hurt anyone. I find this to be a supportive group.

Everyone keep up the good work.

Couldn't sleep last night. Maybe got two hours total and that was all broken up. Cancelling plans for today and hope to get in a long nap. Haven't weighed in yet. Will at some point.

Be well all. Keep on trying.

Originally Posted by JHolm
    elm - never thought of googleing myself, I just might try it. Who know what I've said or done.

This thread is supportive. I to don't have a support group although I would love one. I use this thread as my support group. I try not to say or do anything that I wouldn't want done or said to my. That being said sometimes I just have to vent. I hope if I offend anyone in the process that they PM me and let me know.

That said remember today is another day we all get to use to start over. I for one plan to do just that. I plan to follow my food menu and hope to get to water aerobics. Then if time permits I plan to work on my quilt (one of my quilts). How does one limit themselves to just one project? Am I weak or is this a quilters addiction where you have more than one project going at a time?

Have a wonderful day everyone.

I am in control (again) - One day at a Time.
    Old 09-19-2011, 05:15 AM

Hello everyone!
    i need a little help if you are able and willing.

my Daughter is working on her senior graduation project. she has chosen to help the Domestic Violence Services Program to work with. When Children in our area are removed from their homes due to violence they usually pack a few of their personal item in a plastic bag. My daughter would like to make and donate pillowcases for the Domestic case Workers to use to help the children pack their items in. If you can help by making (or purchasing) a pillowcase please PM me for the address you can send it to. I will be asking the whole thread later on but I thought I would start with all of you first. Thanks in advance.

Lisa

P.S. I am losing weight I am in control.
    Old 09-19-2011, 07:25 AM

Lisa, what a neat idea. Our seniors are so busy, aren't they? Pm coming.

I need help. This bargello is 58 x 76. It looks pretty good on Joshs bed size-wize, but I think I want another 8-12" all around. (His bed is a super-twin waterbed.)

The only fabric from the top I wanna use in the border is the dark purple. I don't have enough of the black, so I am using a solid black. I do not want the border to pull the eye from the bargello flow.

What do you think?

Roxanne's bargello
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]259121[/ATTACH]

border selection
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]259122[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-259068.jpe   attachment-259069.jpe  
    Old 09-19-2011, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by Leann
    Lisa, what a neat idea. Our seniors are so busy, aren't they? Pm coming.

I need help. This bargello is 58 x 76. It looks pretty good on Joshs bed size-wize, but I think I want another 8-12" all around. (His bed is a super-twin waterbed.)

The only fabric from the top I wanna use in the border is the dark purple. I don't have enough of the black, so I am using a solid black. I do not want the border to pull the eye from the bargello flow.

What do you think?
    Oh my that is GORGEOUS! I like your border choices. Wow! Can be your daughter? LOL!!

Missy
    Old 09-19-2011, 08:08 AM

The border looks good. You can't go wrong with black on a bargello. The quilt top is beautiful.

Weight is holding, but it's holding under 150 so that's good. If I go slowly, I won't be wrinkled - dreamer.

Food - okay - a little light for me, but enough. Exercise - light. No TV exercise on Sunday and I went to walk the dogs for the longer walk, it was raining. We walked anyhow. We won't shrink. Lily and Moira don't need to. I wish someone would control my diet the way I control theirs. I didn't walk as far because it was a cold rain.

Pumpkin muffins with walnuts, dried cranberries and raisins are in the oven. It smells very good in here. Soon it will smell better. I'm baking a pumpkin dessert for a friend. I'll pull some aside in a custard cup before I put the topping on, so I will get my 'pumpkin pie'.

I am losing weight and getting healthier.
    Old 09-19-2011, 08:32 AM

Your bargello is beautiful. I like your border selection.
    Old 09-19-2011, 10:43 AM

Lynne, I think that border you have planned is perfect!
    Old 09-19-2011, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by nancia
    ok, this is how it has worked so far...... we can and do, say almost anything about ourselves and our journey. we do not attack each other. we do not use our 'telephone book' names, we use our qb names. and we don't post addresses, either e-mail or snail. some of us are more candid than others, to each their comfort level. since all sorts of things affect our ability to lose weight those things can be brought up in discussion. assume everything is open to the public. whether or not the public is interested is any one's guess. if you want to say something private to someone, pm them. they are called private messages because they are. that's how it has been working. if there is any change from that we haven't been told about it. good luck! say what you need to, or are comfortable with about yourself. cursing is kept to a bare minimum, like it's really not done. and all opinions are free. even mine, which are worth at least twice that much! LOL
    Nancia...well said. Just remember, if anyone really wanted to see what is posted....ANY WHERE...on a pc, it can be done. That's why we should all be carefull with our personal information...not just on this site but anywhere on a pc. But who on earth would want to hack into a quilting board
    :twisted: