Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Sept 2011 Weight Loss Adventure -- Sept Winner is Katvert! >
  • Sept 2011 Weight Loss Adventure -- Sept Winner is Katvert!

• Sept 2011 Weight Loss Adventure -- Sept Winner is Katvert!

Old 09-19-2011, 10:51 AM
    elm

I'd do a narrow black border with a wider purple outside border. I wouldn't do a black outside border beyond the purple because I think it pulls my eyes away from the beautiful bargello. Just my taste. Do what makes you feel good.
    Old 09-19-2011, 11:10 AM
    mim

I love your border Leann -- the dark with the narrow color really sets it off as well as ties it in
    Mim
    Originally Posted by Leann
    Lisa, what a neat idea. Our seniors are so busy, aren't they? Pm coming.

I need help. This bargello is 58 x 76. It looks pretty good on Joshs bed size-wize, but I think I want another 8-12" all around. (His bed is a super-twin waterbed.)

The only fabric from the top I wanna use in the border is the dark purple. I don't have enough of the black, so I am using a solid black. I do not want the border to pull the eye from the bargello flow.

What do you think?
    Old 09-19-2011, 11:54 AM

i think it would look better on my bed! purple is my favorite color, ya know! just sayin'. i like both options. which doesn't help much. it's so beautiful you would have to work 3 times as hard to make it less so!
    Old 09-19-2011, 01:36 PM

I like the black border, I think it sets off the main design.
    Old 09-19-2011, 04:20 PM

I may not be online much, I am in the hospital with pneumonia and a plueral effusion.
    Old 09-19-2011, 05:59 PM

createfourpaws, I'm sorry to hear that. You are supposed to work there, not be a patient. Take care of yourself - that cough can be terrible.
    Old 09-19-2011, 06:04 PM
    mim

I am so sorry to hear that from you -- take care and please get better -- Mim
    Originally Posted by irishrose
    createfourpaws, I'm sorry to hear that. You are supposed to work there, not be a patient. Take care of yourself - that cough can be terrible.
    Old 09-19-2011, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by nancia
    i know i've stepped in it more than once! i never intend to be hurtful and i hope those who have been on here for awhile realise that. i would also hope if i did hurt someone, or sound mean that i would be called out on it, either publicly or privately. it's true, we say it in our heads and it sounds just fine, but someone can put a whole different emphasis and it sounds horrible! i do have a warped sense of humor, i admit. so if any one is ever bothered by what i say, make me explain! or tell me i'm a jerk! or whatever else needs to be done to get my attention. i assure you, no offense is meant or taken.
    No one on this thread has said anything to offend me and if I felt I needed to say anything I would try to do it in PM. I have had things said to me in PM that, lets just say, discouraged posting. I want to be able to give encouragement and support and recieve it as well. I really appreciate all the responses and it helped me learn some things too.

I have said that I am struggling just get started. Well today I CHOSE to write down what I was putting in my mouth. I even made healthy choices. I had a snack of an orange rather than a small bag of cookies. YEA for me. And I credit you guys for reminding me to take baby steps, not criticizing me for not doing more and your interaction with each other. THANK YOU! I decided that I would do what I could this morning and if I didn't do as well for dinner then I could still be aware and it was okay. So dinner wasn't completely right, but it was much better than it normally would have been. I CAN do this!

I am going to make menus as someone had suggested. I have a couple of other things that will help with planning. Once I actually implement them, my next set of menus will be a bit easier. I think. At least I am moving in the right direction.
    Old 09-19-2011, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by createfourpaws
    I may not be online much, I am in the hospital with pneumonia and a plueral effusion.
    Oh no! Hope you get healthy soon. If your hospital has food as bad as mine, you might lose more weight. If you have to be there might as well do two birds with one stone.
    Old 09-19-2011, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
    You definitely do not need to he hypervigilant. This is a wonderful group and I think you will find it the same way. BIG HUGS!!

Missy
    Thank you. You all here have been wonderful.